ALMOST HAD A WHEEL FALL OFF FOR THE 2ND TIME!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
We don't know what truly caused the issue in the first place. Not everyone is willing to admit that they didn't tighten the lugs properly. Not saying that's what happened, but it does happen.

I still stand by them not being required. I still stand by that they're not the sole cause of OP's issues. Maybe it was an additional variable that could've exacerbated the issue with out of spec brake rotors, but hub centric rings wouldn't have helped if the rotor hat was the wrong thickness.

Agreed on it may not be the only issue... My point about what started the issue was people throwing together mismatched parts creating other issues. These rings are made for a reason, not to simply sell you another $20 worth of hardware (though they'll be happy to take it).

We're gonna have to agree to disagree about lugs solely supporting a wheel. Carry on.