Alpha OBD help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rangemaster728

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I replaced my hood latch w/one with the connector; my truck didn’t have the harness so I just bought the connector kit and ran the wires all the way to pin 11 of the BCM and the ground point under the hood.

Replaced the rubber overlays in my two key fobs as all the contacts were on the circuit board anyway.

Programmed up the BCM, programmed and reset the RF hub. Everything’s working fine.

Pretty easy mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So disconnecting battery for a few minutes hoping this would fix my issue. I get a " service trailer brake trailer brake system" and a "service electronic braking system". I moved the truck forward and backwards luckily still have brakes but wondering if there's a fix for it.

Okay, so I was changing the tire circumference from stock to match my new tires. It was off my about 3 mph before (under). After the initial setting I had more power now, but the mph was now over by 2 mph. So, I went to adjust it back to half of what I changed it to and then got the same error. However, my park sense (front and back) also turned off (yellow lights on and I couldn't turn them back on). I ran the diagnostic and didn't find any errors. So, started the truck and went to go back home (was down the road testing the speed) and had a check engine light and no speedometer but did have a tachometer. So, pulled over and checked outside and didn't see anything wrong. Got back in the truck and tested again (no faults) but still have a check engine light. Can't figure out what to do next.

Last edited:

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Okay, so I was changing the tire circumference from stock to match my new tires. It was off my about 3 mph before (under). After the initial setting I had more power now, but the mph was now over by 2 mph. So, I went to adjust it back to half of what I changed it to and then got the same error. However, my park sense (front and back) also turned off (yellew lights on and I couldn't turn them back on). I ran the diagnostic and didn't find any errors. So, started the truck and went to go back home (was down the road testing the speed) and had a check engine light and no speedometer but did have a tachometer. So, pulled over and checked outside and didn't see anything wrong. Got back in the truck and tested again (no faults) but still have a check engine light. Can't figure out what to do next.

Are you checking for faults in the bcm? You'd need to check in the engine computer. I know there has been some issues/confusion over what abs to connect to to do the initialization and clearing rolls after changing tire size. These procedures are needed to reset everything for the update tire size. I haven't had a chance to look into it yet and it doesn't seem anyone has updated where it is

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you checking for faults in the bcm? You'd need to check in the engine computer. I know there has been some issues/confusion over what abs to connect to to do the initialization and clearing rolls after changing tire size. These procedures are needed to reset everything for the update tire size. I haven't had a chance to look into it yet and it doesn't seem anyone has updated where it is

I checked for faults from the engine ICON. The park sense is back on now but the check engine light is still present. I'm gonna go out now and check again.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I went back out and did something different this time. I went to 'Engine" and then to 'Chrysler PowerTech/Pentastar/World/HEMI V6/V8' >CONNECT< - then went down to the bottom and selected the "check engine ICON" which produced 3 faults. They were:
u1417 - Implausible Left Wheel Distance Signal Received
u1418 - Implausible Right Wheel Distance Signal Received
u1412 - Vehicle Speed Signal Received; Test Not Complete; Error - Temporary; Error Warning Lamp 'ON' requested.

So, I selected "clear all faults" and turned off the ignition and exited AlphaOBD. When I turned the ignition back on and started the truck - No more check engine light!

However, I'm not sure why I received the Left and Right Wheel Distance Signals, but they did say "not completed."

Last edited:

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
So, I went back out and did something different this time. I went to 'Engine" and then to 'Chrysler PowerTech/Pentastar/World/HEMI V6/V8' >CONNECT< - then went down to the bottom and selected the "check engine ICON" which produced 3 faults. They were:
u1417 - Implausible Left Wheel Distance Signal Received
u1418 - Implausible Right Wheel Distance Signal Received
u1412 - Vehicle Speed Signal Received; Test Not Complete; Error - Temporary; Error Warning Lamp 'ON' requested.

So, I selected "clear all faults" and turned off the ignition and exited AlphaOBD. When I turned the ignition back on and started the truck - No more check engine light!

However, I'm not sure why I received the Left and Right Wheel Distance Signals, but they did say "not completed."

It's hard to say exactly what caused them. But whether it's a flaw in alfaobd with certain changes or FCA in how everything is controlled, making 1 change can effect multiple other modules. That's why things like tire size changes have multiple steps to correct and reset other modules. I know that abs and rf hub control a lot of important modules.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I'm asking for assistance now with what I downloaded to Google Drive from the "Tools" section. I'm not sure it's providing what I expected to see in the log. I was expecting to see all of the options that were available on my truck and whether or not they were enabled. But, it appears to be more a just a fault log, or maybe I just can't read it right? At any rate - I'm willing to post it for a proper review and to let me know if this is what AlphaOBD should have produced?

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I'm asking for assistance now with what I downloaded to Google Drive from the "Tools" section. I'm not sure it's providing what I expected to see in the log. I was expecting to see all of the options that were available on my truck and whether or not they were enabled. But, it appears to be more a just a fault log, or maybe I just can't read it right? At any rate - I'm willing to post it for a proper review and to let me know if this is what AlphaOBD should have produced?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

Try connecting to the bcm, click the battery icon and let the bcm data load. Then go through and upload it to Google drive.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try connecting to the bcm, click the battery icon and let the bcm data load. Then go through and upload it to Google drive.

Okay, I'll give that a try.