Alpharex NOVA headlights installed and review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I just got done installing my alpha Rex Nova leds. They are fantastic, I don't have any error codes and they work great! My only problem is adjusting the height on the left fixture. There is certainly no screw in any of the adjustment holes. I might have to pull the fixture see if there are any other adjustment screws somewhere else. 2018 ram 1500 limited

If you look down through the factory hole you'll see what looks like a gear. That's your adjustment screw. Use a Phillips head bit to adjust

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

Yellosuzku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed the alpharex novas in my 17 2500 that had stock quads, I get the park lamp out error on initial start up. Not too bothered by that, however I have had the lights cut out twice on me while driving at night. Any ideas what this issue could be? Turned headlight switch on and off and lights came back. Love the new light output but not so thrilled on the headlights cutting out....

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Installed the alpharex novas in my 17 2500 that had stock quads, I get the park lamp out error on initial start up. Not too bothered by that, however I have had the lights cut out twice on me while driving at night. Any ideas what this issue could be? Turned headlight switch on and off and lights came back. Love the new light output but not so thrilled on the headlights cutting out....

You'll want to use alfaobd to make some changes.

You'll want to enable high intensity discharge lights. This disables pwm. Which causes the issues with led/hid's

Then you'll want to set the park and turns to led's. This may or may not work. It seems to be hit or miss with the alpharex lights

Yellosuzku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You'll want to use alfaobd to make some changes.

You'll want to enable high intensity discharge lights. This disables pwm. Which causes the issues with led/hid's

Then you'll want to set the park and turns to led's. This may or may not work. It seems to be hit or miss with the alpharex lights

Thanks for the reply! I’m sure this question has been asked a million times but what would be my best course of action to set myself up with alphaobd? I do not have an android. Thanks in advance!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thanks for the reply! I’m sure this question has been asked a million times but what would be my best course of action to set myself up with alphaobd? I do not have an android. Thanks in advance!

If you have a windows laptop you can go that route. If not, I bought a Amazon Kindle fire 7 tablet for $50 and downloaded Google play store (lots of YouTube videos with apk link's to do it) then downloaded alfaobd.

Corey3146

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you look down through the factory hole you'll see what looks like a gear. That's your adjustment screw. Use a Phillips head bit to adjust

Just installed these headlights on my 17 Laramie longhorn and you could see the adjustment gear threw the holes like you say but the philips head screw faces the tire instead of being straight up and down like the OEM headlights. It is not possible to get at that adjustment screw on the alpharex without completely removing the headlights.

I ended up drilling holes in the plastic “frame” that the headlights bolt into so I could gain access to the adjustment screw threw the access door in the wheel liners. Makes adjusting the alpharex lights so much easier.

So far I love these lights but I can’t believe they would put the adjustment screw in such an inaccessible spot.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Just installed these headlights on my 17 Laramie longhorn and you could see the adjustment gear threw the holes like you say but the philips head screw faces the tire instead of being straight up and down like the OEM headlights. It is not possible to get at that adjustment screw on the alpharex without completely removing the headlights.
Your doing it way harder than it needs to be. If you notice the edge of the adjustment screw looks like it has teeth on it, those are what the Philips screwdriver meshes with to turn the screw. I have a 12" #2 Philips screwdriver that works perfectly through the hole in the fender to adjust the headlights.

Corey3146

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your doing it way harder than it needs to be. If you notice the edge of the adjustment screw looks like it has teeth on it, those are what the Philips screwdriver meshes with to turn the screw. I have a 12" #2 Philips screwdriver that works perfectly through the hole in the fender to adjust the headlights.

would be nice if alpharex actually put instructions in there product. Oh well, I’m still happy with them.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
^ Yes, this.

Nerveex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's the cut-off of the projector. That's the way they are designed. Some are more pronounced then other's

View attachment 456811

So I just need some clarification how high off the ground is the cutoff supposed to be? I need to adjust mine currently as they are too low it seems and I don’t want to go way high and blind people.

F Baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
I have a 2015 ram 3500 with quad headlights and I just recently purchased some alphaRex luxx headlights and no matter what I tried on alfaodb I kept getting the front parking light out message every time I used the blinkers with headlights on.
i did what"AE5548" did I put the LED front turn Lamps to no/off and kept the LED front Marker lights to yes/On I made four separate trips tonight and it never came up it's just stored in the messages but it never pops up no matter how many times I used the blinkers!!!!! I also turned the headlights on (not auto) in the daytime today about five or six times and turned the turn signals on and I didn't get any messages neither.

Honestly I wouldn't care if it came on once when I first start the truck but all four trips I made tonight it didn't even do that it just stayed saved in the message center

These the two settings they said to change. I have since switched my turn signals back to LED no and I get no lamp out messages.

View attachment 214246

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@AE5548 I am curious, this far in since your OP. Do you still have these lights on your vehicle? And if so, what are your thoughts this far out? Since you have had a chance to well use/get used to them, etc.