Aluminum pentastar oil filter housing!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It's Dorman, but so what at this point. At least pentastar owners finally have an option. It looks like you'll have to move your OEM cooler/heat exchanger and the temperature and pressure sensors over to the Doorman unit, but the whole housing is aluminum as opposed to plastic like the OEM

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It's Doorman, but so what at this point. At least pentastar owners finally have an option. It looks like you'll have to move your OEM cooler/heat exchanger and the temperature and pressure sensors over to the Doorman unit, but the whole housing is aluminum as opposed to plastic like the OEM

Added to list of things to do when extended warranty runs out. I think this will go on with the newer intake manifold revision and maybe some RIPP coil packs...

Last edited:

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is about time. cracked oil cooler housings on 3.6's are a far too common. My 2014 rubicon had one crack but it was still under warranty so no big deal but I know plenty of jeep owners who had them crack out of warranty.

Gort

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm curious whether it accepts the 2011-2013 style filter or the newer 2014+ filter? Can't tell from the link. Regardless, it'd be a welcomed upgrade on my Wrangler.

Edit: I just looked up the part on Dorman's site. Looks like it's for 2014+. Does anyone know if this will fit the oil coolers on the 2012 and 2013 Wranglers? Using the newer filter on my 2012 is no problem, but I don't want to swap out the oil cooler if it's not necessary.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PoMansRam

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm curious whether it accepts the 2011-2013 style filter or the newer 2014+ filter? Can't tell from the link. Regardless, it'd be a welcomed upgrade on my Wrangler.

Edit: I just looked up the part on Dorman's site. Looks like it's for 2014+. Does anyone know if this will fit the oil coolers on the 2012 and 2013 Wranglers? Using the newer filter on my 2012 is no problem, but I don't want to swap out the oil cooler if it's not necessary.
It should mount right up to any 2011-2013 pentastar engine, but you may need a donor 2014+ OEM assembly for a cap, cooler and sensors. Not sure though. All I know for certain is the oil filter elements are different between the 2013 and under and 2014+.