Am I an idiot? Or...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wwest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am now on my 3rd "uconnect" vehicle in the last 4 years. Every make/model has had uconnect issues. The most frustrating thing, other than the repairs that had to be done by the dealer, is not having a simple off/on button for the radio. I never listen to music and just wish I could simply turn the darn thing off without shutting off everything. Yes, I could turn the volume down but it is just a really annoying issue.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Play country music backwards and you get your wife back,your job back,your dog back.maybe your battery back.

*****. Ha ha ha ha aha ha ha ha ha ha

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

slickwilly63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am now on my 3rd "uconnect" vehicle in the last 4 years. Every make/model has had uconnect issues. The most frustrating thing, other than the repairs that had to be done by the dealer, is not having a simple off/on button for the radio. I never listen to music and just wish I could simply turn the darn thing off without shutting off everything. Yes, I could turn the volume down but it is just a really annoying issue.
Try the mute button

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine has done the same thing since the last update. Radio stays on for a few minutes but eventually turns off.

Dealer has no idea why...:(

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine has done the same thing since the last update. Radio stays on for a few minutes but eventually turns off.

^^^ That's no surprise
Jay

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Hello Hawkman,
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing ongoing concerns with your radio. We’d be happy to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist at this point. Please follow up with us via private message at your earliest convenience.
Laura
RamCares

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In the control setup menu, there is a setting related to how long things stay on after yo shut off the engine. You might play with those settings.

xtremeroller

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 & 2008
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have the same issue with the radio staying on after I shut the truck off and remove the key. The radio will continue to play for several minutes after I lock the doors. I have been through all my settings and have changed the power off delay to zero and it still does it. Only started happening after the last uconnect update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 1978 Camaro that I bought brand new didn't have a phone or blue teeth, or U-connect, or all these features that folks have become crippled without! We actually had to get home to play the tape on one of those old gas operated answering machines to know if anyone has called. ;)

Nowadays, people are encouraged by an onslaught of TV ads to "ask YOUR doctor about Dammitalls!
All sorts of stress related maladies that are fixed by thousand dollar meds that we never needed 42 years ago!

BTW. I seldom answer my call while driving... and then only to inform the caller I'm driving and will call them back! What a concept! Read the Book "Spontaneous Healing" by DR. Andrew Weil. It's geared towards the stressful living we do today and how to rid ourselves of these problems! Pill? Anyone?

RBAT

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Mine did the same thing for several days after the last update (that I am aware of). Finally stopped doing it after a while.

I am also not happy with the lack of an off button for the radio. If I am by myself in the truck I will usually have music playing but if my wife or someone else is in the truck I turn it off. This can only be done with the mute button and every restart starts the cycle all over again. My music source is a USB drive. I even tried unplugging it to silence the radio but it countered by switching to FM. It will not be ignored!

Scottsjeeprolet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My 2017 does the same thing. I get out, lock the truck and can still hear the radio playing for several minutes.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You know... you might be onto something here. The two most recent times I can remember it happening I did remote start it. And last week I put it in reverse and when I got close to the bar behind me it beeped as it should but when I put it into drive the sound stayed on. It was incredibly annoying. Turned off the truck and restarted it And stayed on. I put it back into reverse... I was trying everything I could to get it to turn off... and it wouldn't turn off. So I pulled over. Turned the truck off... got out and locked the truck and it was still beeping so loud I could hear it outside the truck. At that point I was literally about to take it to the dealer and I thought to switch it to phone mode on the radio and it finally turned off. I know electronics can be glitchy so I considered it a fluke... but maybe it's all related. Maybe something with my radio is wonky after remote starting it?

Did you do anything to modify the truck.... perhaps an aftermarket radio?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Did you go to the dealer ? Curious what they said

OP
OP

2018NightRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
No I haven't had time and it's so sporadic I know they wont be able to duplicate it. But I will take it. And let u all know what the outcome is

Pezrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only happens to me if I exit during a phone call. My screen will stay on and won’t shut off. And there is no off button so.... kinda stupid.

Mine too. I was wonder wtf was going on. I just noticed the first time the other day and haven't had time to investigate. Also, unfortunately I have multiple cell phones. But once I hook up to carplay I can not use the other phones hands free through the car anymore. I have to disconnect carplay. Maybe I am asking to much. Only a few years ago and we still had to hold these things to our ears while we drove.

Pezrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Hawkman,
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing ongoing concerns with your radio. We’d be happy to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist at this point. Please follow up with us via private message at your earliest convenience.
Laura
RamCares
RamCares why do you keep asking poster to PM you? There are multiple people on here reporting the similar issues. If you have the answer let us all in on the secret.