Am I being a wimp about U connect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
think i will just stay with my ra 2 LOl

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I upgraded my 2018 2500 from basic radio to 8.4 out of a 2019 (avoiding the 2018 delamination issue). I see everything changing like heat, fan, etc. but I actually can't change anything using radio touch screen. That is exactly how I wanted it and have zero problems and zero updates. I never even get a notification and that is fine.

I just despise the new vehicles that have so many software updates that can often create problems necessitating more OTA updates. I have had my truck 4 years and needed 0 updates. I am a former coder and spent more time helping others to debug their work and know they often don't actually learn what it is they are coding for.

KISS

SteveBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There was a software update a week ago. I hope that has fixed some issues.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2018 2500 has a demon in the screen. it will change stations at will and pop from screen to screen. Dodge dealer can't tell me anything without looking at it, but said probably need to replace. complete ********. should be a recall on this product.
The infamous 2018 radio! I’d bet you have a radio with a delaminating screen. Does it look like there is bubbles in the screen? Especially in the top corners of the radio. Once the screen begins delaminating you’ll get phantom touches as they call it. Random crap will just start happening like changing stations, volume changes, input changes, climate control will make changes on its own. The 2018 and some early 2019 radios had bad glue that holds the screen together. Sadly LG the maker of the screens and Ram know about the issue but haven’t done anything about it. If you’re out of warranty some owners got a new radio, some didn’t. New radio is $1200 or a replacement screen is about $400. It’s not a difficult repair.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It's not just Ram. After many trips to the dealer for a wide range of uConnect 5 issues, the dealer is finally going to replace the system in the wife's 21 Pacifica Ltd. Sure hope that cures it. She likes the van, but is really frustrated with the stereo system.

Weebear

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Wat we were issued, and I bet U are aware, they did not help much. When that friggin FB-111 pulled out of hard stand, OMG, not help when behind Starlifters or a FC-135 when they kick off a quik start either, LOL. C-5's, we were a lil further away, but then those GE's sound different, higher whine, may explain my Tinnitus, lol.
No - pretty sure the color did not matter much. Squishy foam does not do much to squelch the sound of F-14s or F-18s, but what I am pretty sure really got me was the gunfire in our killhouse. Tinnitus is part of my VA rating for a reason. My wife is always asking me "did you hear that?" and my standard response is "Honey, you have to be waayyyy more specific than that."

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No - pretty sure the color did not matter much. Squishy foam does not do much to squelch the sound of F-14s or F-18s, but what I am pretty sure really got me was the gunfire in our killhouse. Tinnitus is part of my VA rating for a reason. My wife is always asking me "did you hear that?" and my standard response is "Honey, you have to be waayyyy more specific than that."
Just wat we were issued. had same type, and the color happened to be orange at (2) different Air Bases. Killhouse did not bother me, but we were wearing better hearing protection than we ever had on flightline. By the time I was doing Killhouses, when I was in the Army (2nd service I was in), hearing already lousy, LOL.

When wife would talk to me and I was say zooming in on a ballgame, never hear her and she get mad and whop me on the head with the phrase: "Didn't you hear me talking to you", LOL.

Maryland_Man

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Wife says my hearing has been in steady decline since the day we got married

GK1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 8.4 screen my 2 issues are dumping the presets and the phone and vr buttons don't work . Press the vr button and it' says can't be used while vehicle is in motion. Duh .

GK1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2023 with 8.4...phone and vr buttons didnt work. I started using Android Auto and I can use the vr button to call people and send text via google. Phone button doesnt do anything but end call button works.