Am I crazy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hookedup87

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I think so too. And I know it will be done right and my truck will be sitting safely in my driveway covered vs in the corner of some dealerships parking lot or who knows where probably uncovered. Someone said, in one of the previous posts, that no one takes care of your stuff like you do. Couldn’t agree more.

And yes, I try to wash my truck and my wife’s Jeep weekly. Sometimes it doesn’t happen because maybe the weather doesn’t cooperate or we are crazy busy, but I try. Both vehicles represent a huge investment and i like to take care of them. I’m also a little OCD, wife says I need medication, but I like my vehicles looking nice. I also enjoy it. After a long busy week of work it relaxes me. Like my therapy. Plus it gives me an opportunity to get my hands on them to keep check on any new nicks, scratches etc, so they can be touched up. Especially the wife’s Jeep. Let’s just say she’s not as careful as I am with my vehicle and leave it at that.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
My opinion, I'd have it done for free, a loaner car also. They may do a great job. What do you have to lose? If it ends up not being to your satisfaction then you can spend the $750 to get it done. Luckily my wife doesn't get involved with what I want to do with my vehicles so I don't have to deal with that!

TerryH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 turbo
Yeah, I think so too. And I know it will be done right and my truck will be sitting safely in my driveway covered vs in the corner of some dealerships parking lot or who knows where probably uncovered. Someone said, in one of the previous posts, that no one takes care of your stuff like you do. Couldn’t agree more.

And yes, I try to wash my truck and my wife’s Jeep weekly. Sometimes it doesn’t happen because maybe the weather doesn’t cooperate or we are crazy busy, but I try. Both vehicles represent a huge investment and i like to take care of them. I’m also a little OCD, wife says I need medication, but I like my vehicles looking nice. I also enjoy it. After a long busy week of work it relaxes me. Like my therapy. Plus it gives me an opportunity to get my hands on them to keep check on any new nicks, scratches etc, so they can be touched up. Especially the wife’s Jeep. Let’s just say she’s not as careful as I am with my vehicle and leave it at that.
I'm with you. I spend 6 ours yesterday detailing our toyhauler, dually and SXS in 95° heat. I like my stuff clean.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score

I agree. I am very meticulous about my vehicle. I've never owned or bought a vehicle I'm not proud of. Anytime it comes up I always hear how they can't believe my vehicle is as old as it is and with that many miles. I don't believe in normal scratches and dents, nothing normal about scratches and dents!

Octane

Reaction score
Wish I could get a dealer to warranty the paint on a 3 yo truck.I'd let them do it.Once you're off the lot with a new truck it is most times impossible to get them to fix paint. Even when I stomp and hold my breath I have never been able to get them to do it.Especially a chip.

anchorsaweigh

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would do the same . I’d never trust my truck to a ham and egg operation.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree. I let a Chevy dealership that I personally knew the heads of service. A piece of plywood flew out of a truck and hit the top of my then Cobalt. The roof looked like a two year old sanded it. You could see the sand marks all in it. They turned it out as ok. The last body work I had done was to my ram and I let my aunts husband who is an awesome paint and body guy. He nailed the matching of 4 year old truck at the time and the paint has held up great. Even on the chrome painted bumpers.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m with 2012ram1500rt on this one. The dealership is doing it under warranty with a loaner car. Their body shop could be excellent and the repair done perfectly. You are out zero except maybe having to detail the rest of the vehicle afterwards due to dust. If the dealership messes the job up you can always go ahead with having your buddy do the work at a later date.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
That was most likely caused by a chemical reaction to an APC ... if you did any kind of paint correction, buff or polish and you left the polisher on that spot for a long time you compromised the paint and coating, an APC got underneath the paint and reacted causing the bubbles ...
What is an APC? I searched what you said but cannot find anything relevant. Regardless, nothing got underneath the coating from paint correction or polish. This is simply a reaction of the paint to the substrate. Their is some type of "corrosion" on the panel causing this as Terry H. has already stated. The OP needs to insure this is fixed before getting it repaired. Personally, I would never break paint on the entire hood for this repair. Any quality body shop can repair and blend this small area after addressing the root cause.