Am I dead in the water?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Helghast1390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all! First post after registering, hoping someone can save me.

Okay, so about a month ago my 2006 Ram 1500 5.7 went into "limp mode". It was throwing a code for the ETC with the lightning bolt light, oil pressure sensor and the crankshaft position sensor. I replaced the throttle body and both sensors and it seemed to have resolved. Well, yesterday I changed the oil and it started again. First there was a few hard misses (almost like hitting something) and it would only happen between 55mph and 60mph, then the lightning bolt came back on and the truck died. I was able to get it home by resetting the ETC using the gas pedal and it ran, but not well. Fast forward to this morning, and now the truck has died once again. Tried resetting it with the pedal to no avail. It is now throwing p0335 and p0522.

I have tried leaving the negative disconnected for 20 minutes and that did nothing. Tried resetting the pcm and it still won't start. I talked with a mechanic and he "guarantees" that it's the pcm. Another said it's the timing chain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! This has rapidly gone from something I can handle with limited tools, to I'm not sure what's wrong and I don't know if I have the tools to fix it

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After resetting using the pedal method, you need to drive the truck for about 100 miles for it to "relearn".