Am I out of gas? **On side of road**

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am surprised no one has asked how come the tac is reading at 3500 RPM, how damn fast where you going? Getting to a station faster don't get you better mileage ,you know.
I had a fellow up the road that was always running out of gas , and walking in to " borrow" a gallon to get to town, or home.

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
I am surprised no one has asked how come the tac is reading at 3500 RPM, how damn fast where you going? Getting to a station faster don't get you better mileage ,you know.
I had a fellow up the road that was always running out of gas , and walking in to " borrow" a gallon to get to town, or home.
Some of the one's I've seen are walking to a gas station with an empty gas can.........! News flash........ If you run out of gas and you open your trunk knowing there is an empty gas can in it (from the last time) you may need to stop and think about the decisions you make. Hopefully you are not the important decision maker in your family! LOL

BLUEDERANGO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Years ago when I was the Service Director at a large Dodge Dealer we had a customer that had her car towed in 3 times and DEMANDED warranty coverage because she ran the car out of gas when the low fuel lite had come on and kept going. 3 times, some people just don't learn or are not at all capable.

Yangster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi eTorque
My gauge and DTE are pretty accurate. I've filled my tank up with 30-31 gallons several times and the DTE is usually in the 40-50 range.

RKLubbock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Had 20 miles to empty and travelling on the hwy, then started losing power.

Engine stayed at 3500 rpm, but truck just kept slowing.

The truck turns over, but just keeps cranking.

2021 1500 with 13k miles.

Hoping I am only out of gas??

Thoughts?
Never let your fuel run that low. The gas in your vehicle's tank keeps the electric fuel pump from overheating. The fuel pump is just above the strainer, which is just above the bottom of the fuel tank. ... This will ensure more of the pump is covered in gas, keeping it cooler and making the pump last longer.

JHoward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Had 20 miles to empty and travelling on the hwy, then started losing power.

Engine stayed at 3500 rpm, but truck just kept slowing.

The truck turns over, but just keeps cranking.

2021 1500 with 13k miles.

Hoping I am only out of gas??

Thoughts?

I don't think any question to be redundant, that's what this forum is supposed to be about by helping others, yep some folks don't know everything and that's good because if we did we'd all be boring.

I don't know where my truck's low mileage fuel indicator would because I don't let the fuel go below half ... IMO, that it would be a very good thing for you to to keep adequate fuel in the tank. JM2¢ and enjoy your truck.

JHoward

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
3 to 4 gallons is pretty much unusable in the 4th Gen Rams & possibly earlier models

I don't see any port to allow fuel to get into the cup that surrounds the fuel pump