Am I really on a wild goose chase?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ksarauer

Reaction score
I'm in the market for something that doesn't seem to exist... Looking for a gen 5 that meets the following...
1500 crew cab 4x4
limited or laramie
5.7 (no e torque)
3.92 gears
6'4 bed
And color must be black/blue/gray (not white or red)

I've searched marketplace, craigslist, ebay, coast to coast and can't seem to find anything that meets the above. Seems the crew cab with 6'4 bed doesn't even exist.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
May need to go to a 2500 if you want some level of availability in the crew cab/long bed configuration. The truck you want was something that could be ordered, but I would suggest build numbers were very low, were primarily from people who ordered their truck vs off the lot purchases, and they are keeping them if they wanted that specific build.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
I had an extremely hard time finding the same combo in a white/red/blue 4th gen Sport 4x4, there were only ~35-40 nationwide and most went up to Canada or the northeast for the first few years. I looked for months and finally one popped up in NC that I just picked up. Good luck with your search. If you have a small family carlot in town, you may talk to them to see what their fee would be to find you one. I have a buddy here that said he'd do $1000 over his cost if I had him find me one.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Seems the crew cab with 6'4 bed doesn't even exist.
It's most likey still the 6.4' bed that makes it a rarity with the 1500. Before they stretched the CC 4" on the Gen5 trucks, the Gen4 CC w/5.7' bed just fits into a "standard size" garage with 20' long walls, the 6.4' bed doesn't. Also the 10" shorter WB makes the truck more maneuverable.
There was less than 1000 Outdoorsman(the Rebel trim replaced this trim), EcoDiesel w/6.4' bed built for '15. Most of the trucks with the 6.4' bed have the Quad cab or the CC w/5.7' bed