Ambient Air Temperature sensor Engine 2015 light ram 3500

OP
OP
M

marcusldaniels

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why will the odometer stop recording mileage in 5,000 miles?

Because these clusters can only record mileage up to 621,369 miles (1 million km).
And I'll be damed if it just hit that today and I have to go back and track from when I did my pretrip and use my mileage tracker to catch where it stopped cuz when I got home to jot it down, thats what it was at. How do I use the Alpha OBD2 thing to reset it because everythings jacked up, the trip meters dont work, the fuel economy thing dont work. I tried to go thru all the things on the obd2 screens but didnt see where it resets the odometer.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
How do I use the Alpha OBD2 thing to reset it because everythings jacked up, the trip meters dont work, the fuel economy thing dont work. I tried to go thru all the things on the obd2 screens but didnt see where it resets the odometer.
By "resetting the cluster" you would change the mileage back to zero, there isn't a "reset" option.
There are several threads on correcting the mileage on a EVIC, here's one of them:

OP
OP
M

marcusldaniels

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
By "resetting the cluster" you would change the mileage back to zero, there isn't a "reset" option.
There are several threads on correcting the mileage on a EVIC, here's one of them:

Thank you very much!!

OP
OP
M

marcusldaniels

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you very much!!
I see that you picked out my reply to another person, How do I get a hold of some of these people to see what exactly I need to get because some of these replies were back in 2019. Im doing research and looking up some of these adapters but the main one the forscan tool seems like its for fords. Thats the question I want to ask them before I buy it. I found it but would like to see if I can get more clarification. the threads dont seem to mention it being for fords.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I see that you picked out my reply to another person, How do I get a hold of some of these people to see what exactly I need to get because some of these replies were back in 2019. Im doing research and looking up some of these adapters but the main one the forscan tool seems like its for fords. Thats the question I want to ask them before I buy it. I found it but would like to see if I can get more clarification. the threads dont seem to mention it being for fords.
You need to use AlfaOBD. It’s an app in the google play store or software download for windows. You also need a security gateway bypass. All the info on AlfaOBD is in multiple threads that can be found on this forum.

OP
OP
M

marcusldaniels

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need to use AlfaOBD. It’s an app in the google play store or software download for windows. You also need a security gateway bypass. All the info on AlfaOBD is in multiple threads that can be found on this forum.
Roger that, so this app will work with the OBD Link MX+ blue tooth one?

OP
OP
M

marcusldaniels

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh snap, so I can correct, reset, or change the mileage with just the MX+ and the AlfaOBD App?

While I got your ear, whats up with this permanent Ambient Air temp sensor? Im getting all kinds of lost connection and circuit short to battery or open codes to passenger and driver door modules? it says this Ambient Air temp sensor code is permanent. Ive cleared it several times and it still pops back on.