Amp Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really don't get it. The factory Mopar Power steps are less than the AMP and there is no issues hooking them up. Why screw with aftermarket when oem is easily available and easier to install.
Amos have been around longer and mopars are the same may look different but they have the licensing from amp if I recall.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my AMPS. Gone thru the first Wisconsin winter with no problems . I also use a splitter and have no issues.
Where did you get your splitter and did you do the plug n play setup? My pass switch ect?

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone interested in AMP steps feel free to message me for a quote. We can help make sure you get the correct ones as well.
I will when I finally figure all this out. Factory warranty 5 year still apply even when getting it from you?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will when I finally figure all this out. Factory warranty 5 year still apply even when getting it from you?
Yes that is a manufacturer warranty. As long as you get it from an authorized like us you are covered!

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes that is a manufacturer warranty. As long as you get it from an authorized like us you are covered!
I also get a little confuse cuz brother went to an authorized shop to get his put on and he made it sound like that’s only way to have warranty hold but maybe he did it for the sole purpose of being able to take it somewhere for warranty claim.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also get a little confuse cuz brother went to an authorized shop to get his put on and he made it sound like that’s only way to have warranty hold but maybe he did it for the sole purpose of being able to take it somewhere for warranty claim.

I have read their warranty rules. It does not specify anywhere about having an authorized installer do the installation. To my knowledge there is no such thing for AMP having "authorized installers"

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unless something changed. I got a replacement set of steps under warranty because they were peeling and I did the install myself

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed my Amp steps and I over tightened a nut on a motor, and I damaged the motor , and they replaced it for free .

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I too installed the AMP steps on my 2016 1500 Laramie Longhorn - though I went for the extreme version (two motors per side) - Yes the Extreme fit and function on the 1500 some say they don't. I chose the dual motors cause I wanted to ensure IF one motor malfunctioned there is still a functioning motor and the malfunctioned one I could turn into a ***** if needed. As posted here they are awesome and function extremely well.

As for the OBD2 - AMP sells splitter on their website or you can just unplug the AMP when making changes with Alpha

I also installed the override switch and would highly recommend this - I was able to install/hide it in the centre console.
So you use the splitter another commenter had a point I could always unplug the amp plug n play but that seems kinda meh too

bdc2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The amp warranty division sucks. I had a cracked bed step pad and called to get a replacement part number and was told by the person I talked to to file it under warranty. 2 emails by me 90 days apart and not so much as a response. This was a year ago. This wasn’t through Nick it was through auto anything and I tried to go directly through amp for the replacement part.

cashman070

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So you use the splitter another commenter had a point I could always unplug the amp plug n play but that seems kinda meh too
No I don't use the splitter my only use is for the AMP steps so don't need a splitter