Amsoil Conversion has begun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve had a preferred account for 10yrs ,till3 yrs ago I lived close to the distribution center in bensenville il.but I order so much for my 3 vehicles I get free shipping.If there’s some way to become a customer of yours I while Im stocked up on the ram and vette but need 2-4gallons cases of 5-40 European for the audi

image.jpg

image.jpg

'06 Ram 2500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am switching to Amsoil as well for my '06 Ram 5.7 Hemi 2500 4x4 with Manual Transmission at 59K miles. Will be using the following:
5w20 Signature Series synth engine oil, Multi Synth ATF for Manual transmission, Transfer Case, and Power Steering Fluid, Severe Gear 75W-90 for front and rear diffs, and Low Toxicity Antifreeze(Concentrated and will buy Distilled Water). Plan of flushing out the heater core and engine block to complete the coolant change. Changed out the spark plugs at 50K miles with copper plugs - definitely a PITA. Not sure what happened but I lost a coil and the engine computer (PC?) less than 2 miles down the road. Anyway the shop checked my work on the plugs and said it was done correctly. $1,500 later all is good. ugh.... Then off to the recycle center with the used fluids...

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I think @Hemi395 ran it in his transfer case. I got to all this **** too, I have been putting off plugs for years and I bought them 2 years ago, lol. Burla an idiot sometimes. I work on everyone elses truck/car and mine gets put off. Been sitting on new brakes maybe one year, lol.

Take the wheel liners out. It makes it so much easier. I also changed my plugs out at 80,000km and noticed that the exhaust side plugs which are platinum I believe had quite the gap to them so I don't believe they last as quite as long as they say they do. The manual said my exhaust plugs were good for 160,000km. I also have the 4.7L. I put the best plugs (iridium and platinum) to lengthen the intervals.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Take the wheel liners out. It makes it so much easier. I also changed my plugs out at 80,000km and noticed that the exhaust side plugs which are platinum I believe had quite the gap to them so I don't believe they last as quite as long as they say they do. The manual said my exhaust plugs were good for 160,000km. I also have the 4.7L. I put the best plugs (iridium and platinum) to lengthen the intervals.

Thanks, if all goes to plan I will do this weekend.

'06 Ram 2500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Hey Gixxer! I see you are going back in with the fancy plugs. Somewhere (I believe it was on this forum) I was told to keep using the standard copper plugs plugs on the Hemi 5.7 and replace them every 50K miles so that is what I used. Said the Hemi engine worked better with the copper plugs and they are a lot cheaper too.

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Hey Gixxer! I see you are going back in with the fancy plugs. Somewhere (I believe it was on this forum) I was told to keep using the standard copper plugs plugs on the Hemi 5.7 and replace them every 50K miles so that is what I used. Said the Hemi engine worked better with the copper plugs and they are a lot cheaper too.

I heard a bunch of that too, and for the different vehicles I've owned. I always put in better plugs and never had issues. I would run the risk of putting a better plug in and worst case you pull them out. But that is me.... definitely checking the gap is really important, some of mine were really out. I also have the 4.7L motor which I read the same thing, keep factory plugs, but haven't had any issues.

I feel people assume they are gapped properly and maybe toss them in unknowingly? I also put a bit of di-electric grease on the threads to keep moisture out.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Took just over 7 quarts. I let it all drain out. So now I will let it cool and check the cold level now that I checked the hot level. I drained it for about 3 hours. Just about 7.2 quarts to fill to perfection while trans temp was 180
View attachment 217443

Any updates on how the Amsoil MVATF is doing with the 545RFE?

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Never had a problem with the brakes either that’s a miracle

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
This is not a Ram but this is the reason you need to change your brake fluid every 2 years
View attachment 240295 View attachment 240296

Looks like a square body GM,if that's the original fluid and this is a current pic,that fluids gotta be 35 or more years old .The good old carb and distributor days:waytogo: By the looks of the valve covers the truck doesn't look like it has that many miles on it.

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Looks like a square body GM,if that's the original fluid and this is a current pic,that fluids gotta be 35 or more years old .The good old carb and distributor days:waytogo: By the looks of the valve covers the truck doesn't look like it has that many miles on it.
You are correct G body GMC Caballero the master cylinder was newer so not original fluid unless they re used the fluid to fill the new one LOL