Amsoil transmission fluid/differentials

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy Harris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
Hey guys, I got a 2019 Ram 2500 6.7L diesel. I was thinking about running amsoil signature series atf transmission fluid along with amsoil severe gear 75w-90 in my differentials. What are your opinions on this?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Transmission isn't due for a fluid change until 60,000 miles, why waste the money.... And is Amsoil really that much better? They have a great marketing campaign I'll give them that. I use conventional fluids.

OP
OP
J

Jeremy Harris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
I’m at the 55k mile mark already. Yeah, everything I’ve read or experienced in my older truck seems to point to amsoil being superior.

Sam Monteleone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Amsoil gear fluid is top notch. The engine oil is the best too. If it's time for service I would go with Amsoil. That's what I plan to do once it's time to change out the fluids.

My MPG's and the cold starts all got better on my 2003 Expedition when I changed to Amsoil. Likewise, my rear differential was like new after changing to Amsoil. My rear was changed by the dealership and started making some shudder when turning corners. I changed it to Valvoline myself after a year and the shudder continued. Living with it for another year I said screw this time for Amsoil. Once I put that in the shudder went away totally after a few weeks of driving. My mpg's went up by 2mpg with the oil. This is a sample size of one but I was impressed.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Amsoil SG and Transmission Fluid are top shelf. UOA's on amsoil transmission fluid show next to zero shear, it is very good stuff. What transmission do you have?

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2006 dodge 1500. I serviced the transmission with a full on flush, and filters. I used wix filters and amsoil OEM 100% synthetic. My truck wasn't shifting bad before, smooth good shifts. But I have always had good luck with amsoil. Could you use valvoline max life- full synthetic fluid? Sure, it would work great. But amsoil is probably one of the best oils . But I wouldn't hesitate to use valvoline max life- full synthetic at all.