ANC issue after switching speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nathan_h

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thanks for posting this. I was wondering whether the ANC used all the speakers or just some, and whether it can adapt to after market speakers easily.

Your info makes my choice easy, since I don't want to get too complicated and I am lazy:

I'll replace the two dash speakers with better ones, and learn to live with the door speakers, in my six speaker setup.

I did some more testing.
With tape on the speakers, the drone was not as bad, but still there, especially during cylinder deactivation.
Tried with windows open, closed, radio on or off. Still there.
Especially bad with on eco mode.
Today, I put the stock door speakers back in and took tape off the mics, leaving the aftermarket dash speakers in.
All the drone went away. Quiet as a church mouse, even in eco mode.
Now I just have muddy bass. :(
The ANC makes a big difference with the quietness of the truck. More than I would have thought.
I guess I'll leave the stock woofers in. Also leave the aftermarket tweeters in. At least I have clear mid/highs.
Food for thought for everyone. Hope this helps someone.
George

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I merely unplugged the ANC mics and all sounds fine for me. I had a droning sound at certain highway speeds.