Annoying chirping noise hitting bumps...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weimer369

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ive had an annoying chirping / squeaking noise in my 2019 Rebel since day one. Used to be i could turn on the radio and ignore it but its getting worse i think. Everytime i hit a bump or crack or anything really there is a chirping noise like something i s rattling or rubbing. Also i have now noticed that i can here it from outside the truck as well...i closed the truck door the other day and the vibration was enough to cause the noise out side. Any one else experiencing anything like this ??

Between this chirp and the squeaking noise that comes evertime i put my arm on the center console im going nuts !!

Hoythews71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2019 Laramie and I get a pretty good suspension squeak from the front right when I’m going over a rough section of road, but it’s not enough to really bother me. Probably have them take a look when I go in for an oil change/tire rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just did an extensive fact finding mission if you will to figure out the chirps. I initially thought it was suspension as well as thought it was from the level kit I installed with upper control arms but it is not, it is from the brakes.

Try this to prove it to yourself or the mechanic. Go over some bumps that cause the chirp, then go over the same bumps with the brakes very lightly applied, you’ll see, no chirps.

Whether it’s the calipers or the pads, I am leaning pads as other have had squeaking pad issues and were fixed by the dealer installing new pads that were updated from the original factory supplied pads.

I figure when I go in for my first oil change, I’ll have them look at them. I’ll let them get good and squeaky ;) so that they see it’s a no-brainer area to focus on rather than go through the trial and error I’ve already done.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
My 2018 did it, turned out to be the emergency brake cables rubbing in the rear bracket

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie Crew Cab - Flame Red
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Ive had an annoying chirping / squeaking noise in my 2019 Rebel since day one. Used to be i could turn on the radio and ignore it but its getting worse i think. Everytime i hit a bump or crack or anything really there is a chirping noise like something i s rattling or rubbing. Also i have now noticed that i can here it from outside the truck as well...i closed the truck door the other day and the vibration was enough to cause the noise out side. Any one else experiencing anything like this ??

Between this chirp and the squeaking noise that comes evertime i put my arm on the center console im going nuts !!

I have a similar chirp....it turns out i figured out that it's from the hinge on the center console lid. If I have my arm on the armrest, I have a tiny chirp over bumps...or if I tap on the top of the console lid. If my arm isn't on the armrest, it is much quieter. I'm going to point this out the next time my truck is in for service, but I have a suspicion that it's the design of the console and not a "defect" in my particular one. Let me know if yours is a similar problem.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie Crew Cab - Flame Red
Engine
5.7L HEMI
ughh...just realized that the last sentence of your post mentioned the armrest! UGHH! This is an annoying problem and I hope there's a fix.

Nettag7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Nettag7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey, did you find out what was causing the chirps while going over the bumps and rough roads? Mine does the same thing, but if I lightly push the breaks down, it doesn't do it. It also has a chirping sound when I put my on and off while going through a drive through and other locations. Thanks!

Nettag7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just did an extensive fact finding mission if you will to figure out the chirps. I initially thought it was suspension as well as thought it was from the level kit I installed with upper control arms but it is not, it is from the brakes.

Try this to prove it to yourself or the mechanic. Go over some bumps that cause the chirp, then go over the same bumps with the brakes very lightly applied, you’ll see, no chirps.

Whether it’s the calipers or the pads, I am leaning pads as other have had squeaking pad issues and were fixed by the dealer installing new pads that were updated from the original factory supplied pads.

I figure when I go in for my first oil change, I’ll have them look at them. I’ll let them get good and squeaky ;) so that they see it’s a no-brainer area to focus on rather than go through the trial and error I’ve already done.
Did you figure out what was causing the chirp sounds? Thanks!

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Years ago I had a dakota that made the chirp noise. Turns out the dealer had to shim one corner of the bed. Never did it again after that fix. Good luck.

Red

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hey, did you find out what was causing the chirps while going over the bumps and rough roads? Mine does the same thing, but if I lightly push the breaks down, it doesn't do it. It also has a chirping sound when I put my on and off while going through a drive through and other locations. Thanks!

Hello Nettag7,
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you are unable to remedy your concern with the assistance of fellow forum members, I kindly suggest connecting with your dealer. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, please feel free to send us a private message.
Laura
RamCares

cory josph warne

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 rebel
Engine
In having that annoying chirping on my 2020 rebel the dealer replaced the rotor pads and anti rattle clips and its still doing it on mine acutely it sounds like its coming from the passenger rear but i dont here it going over the same bumps with the brakes applied

2019LTD4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 no etorque
Do you have a sunroof? My pano chirps on hot days over bumps. Happens more frequently when the truck is dirty.

My next truck will not have a damn pano. Waste of money here in the south. Even with ceramic Tint that **** gets damn near 200°

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
My next truck will not have a damn pano. Waste of money here in the south. Even with ceramic Tint that **** gets damn near 200°

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Test drove one w/Pano.....in July.....in Texas. Immediately eliminated it as an option I’d have.

Nettag7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cory,

My truck was doing the same chirping sound and wouldnt when the breaks were applied. It took a few dealers to find it. They found my break pads had their clips broken off. They showed me on another truck what they are suspose to look like but mine had the clips removed. He duplicated the soundwith a screw driver. The break pad have movement when going over bumps.

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cory,

My truck was doing the same chirping sound and wouldnt when the breaks were applied. It took a few dealers to find it. They found my break pads had their clips broken off. They showed me on another truck what they are suspose to look like but mine had the clips removed. He duplicated the soundwith a screw driver. The break pad have movement when going over bumps.
Front or back?

Dodge 07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 07 that made annoying chirp over bumps would come and go. Thought it was my leaf springs. Well guess what? My tail light was missing clips to hold it into place so when I hit a bump the nipple would rub and make this chirp noise which sounded like anything coming from driver side. Heard it one day closing my tail gate. My taillight was lose and bam I could mimic the annoying squeak Wtf.. anyways no more squeaking. I really hope this helps some one.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
This is mine and I still havent gotten off my lazy ass to look into it