Another 2008 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Morning all! Here's a few pics of my new to me 2008 Ram 1500. It's got the hemi, of course, and its 2wd. It's an SLT, on stock 20s, and I bought it with 124.5k miles on it.

I changed out the water pump, rad hoses, Tstat and rad cap last weekend. I had a small leak that would appear over night when temps dropped. So far so good there.

Plan on cleaning the throttle body this week, installing a rear view camera with the pioneer head unit, and other small maintenance things like plugs and PCV valve.

I keep getting a code for the egr valve sporadically, so I'll either let that keep happening until I can delete it with a tuner, or just swap one out, depending on how annoying it gets lol.

Here's a few pics, with more to come!

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm torn between lifting it (I live in GA) and lowering it. I won't be off roading it at all, save for a few dirt roads that don't count. I've always wanted a lowered truck, but I love lifted trucks.

Thoughts?

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats a really clean 08! I would be torn too. I always liked the lowered look when I was younger, but as I got older I preferred the off-road look. Either way you cant go wrong with it! Congrats on that sharp looking truck! Love the blue!

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats a really clean 08! I would be torn too. I always liked the lowered look when I was younger, but as I got older I preferred the off-road look. Either way you cant go wrong with it! Congrats on that sharp looking truck! Love the blue!
Thanks! It is. I love it too. Patriot Blue is a great name haha. A simple 2/4 kit would look awesome on this truck, but so would an amount of lift and some offset rims. Decisions, decisions haha

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks! It is. I love it too. Patriot Blue is a great name haha. A simple 2/4 kit would look awesome on this truck, but so would an amount of lift and some offset rims. Decisions, decisions haha
That is always the tough call. I think the 3rd gens look better lowered IMO. Either way I always wanted a 3rd gen. They really brought the Ram back on the scene. I like the Patriot blue too lol.

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is always the tough call. I think the 3rd gens look better lowered IMO. Either way I always wanted a 3rd gen. They really brought the Ram back on the scene. I like the Patriot blue too lol.
Agreed. The 3rd gens do look great lowered.. just hard to choose hahaha