Another Alignment Question Left cam maxed at +1.7* camber????

CheechDogg.0n37s

@CheechDogg.0n37s
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Is this something I should specifically mention to make sure they fix?
Yes, on a stock truck you "might" get away with not having to reset the steering angle sensor, but when you lift a truck the sensor is looking for the steering wheel's last position in regards to the alignment that it had previous ... so your steering wheel will never be centered until the SAS is reset ...

There is also an order I was taught to do the alignment in order to get lifted trucks aligned correctly ... this is from another thread in which I posted a bit about aligning 1500 Ram Trucks

Have whoever is aligning your truck zero in the toe right at zero first before they adjust anything else ... if you do that then your caster will be fine if its within the range of 2.9 - 4.5 so that it wants to drive as straight as possible ... you can get away with as little caster possible so that the tires don't fight each other when driving down the road ...

So again make sure they adjust the TOE first and have it close to 0 as possible ...

OP
OP
healthyrx

healthyrx

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have whoever is aligning your truck zero in the toe right at zero first before they adjust anything else ... if you do that then your caster will be fine if its within the range of 2.9 - 4.5 so that it wants to drive as straight as possible ... you can get away with as little caster possible so that the tires don't fight each other when driving down the road ...

So again make sure they adjust the TOE first and have it close to 0 as possible ...
Good info! I will make sure I relay that to the guys at 4WP tomorrow
Thank you

CheechDogg.0n37s

@CheechDogg.0n37s
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Good info! I will make sure I relay that to the guys at 4WP tomorrow
Thank you
I would never trust 4WP with my truck, here in California the four 4WPs I have gone to in the past were worse than the last alignment shop that tried to align my truck ...

When I first got my truck lifted I was sent to Allen Tire Company, not sure if you have one of those down in South Florida, but these guys really got down with the alignment, I gave them specs and instructions and they were willing to do it and "learn" as one of the older techs there said himself lol ... which really flattered me quite a bit because that tech was in his late 50s early 60s ....

He mentioned the troubles he was having trying to align Ram 1500s in the past and when he saw that my truck got aligned finally with my specs and instructions he was blown away lol ....

The thing with most alignment shops is that they have everything they need already set up in the alignment system, you just punch in year, model, trim blah blah blah and it does it all for you as long as you are doing it on stock vehicles, when you are trying to align lifted trucks things change, angles change, so you have to be a "little" smart as a tech and look outside the box ...