another big brother feature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
pbzzz

pbzzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Canadianwrongagain . Both your responses to my 2 posts were way off the target . You can't do accurate/critical reading - it's beyond your ability or your humongous ego blinds you . You don't even know what "name calling" is . Now quit wasting my time . Go do like Don Quixote . . . and fight some wind mills .

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Canadianwrongagain . Both your responses to my 2 posts were way off the target . You can't do accurate/critical reading - it's beyond your ability or your humongous ego blinds you . You don't even know what "name calling" is . Now quit wasting my time . Go do like Don Quixote . . . and fight some wind mills .
Not way off bud. I'm sorry that you fail it reading and comprehension. And no ego here bud, unless we are counting your ego. Since you seem to enjoy trying to put other people down. Have a good day sir I can't be bothered but likes of you.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Not way off bud. I'm sorry that you fail it reading and comprehension. And no ego here bud, unless we are counting your ego. Since you seem to enjoy trying to put other people down. Have a good day sir I can't be bothered but likes of you
I look forward to it every day bahahaha !!!
Must not have much of a life if reading on the forums is your main source of entertainment. I feel sorry for you

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
The best part about this whole thread, is the fact I actually found out who the real douch bags are on this forum, and which ones have absolutely zero credibility to what they say. It's awesome. Very easy to weed out the problem members that can't have an intelligent conversation because they lack the mental ability. Noted.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The best part about this whole thread, is the fact I actually found out who the real douch bags are on this forum, and which ones have absolutely zero credibility to what they say. It's awesome. Very easy to weed out the problem members that can't have an intelligent conversation because they lack the mental ability. Noted.
Somebody sounds like their ppanties are all wound up ,lol . Looks like you're the nightly entertainment tonight:Big Laugh::Big Laugh:

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Somebody sounds like their ppanties are all wound up ,lol . Looks like you're the nightly entertainment tonight:Big Laugh::Big Laugh:
Only ******* that seem to be wound up are the three arseholes on here making smartarse comments.

I really get a kick out of the name calling, I even had to join in and address the 3 of you by your actual description.

Hopefully you realize calling me other names don't bother me, but just Incase, I'll dumb it down to a level you guys might be more familiar with based on your mental ability. Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.... Lol I've had a great laugh at how triggered you 3 got. So easy to trigger the less intelegent folk. It's made my night fly by laughing at you guys.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only ******* that seem to be wound up are the three arseholes on here making smartarse comments.

I really get a kick out of the name calling, I even had to join in and address the 3 of you by your actual description.

Hopefully you realize calling me other names don't bother me, but just Incase, I'll dumb it down to a level you guys might be more familiar with based on your mental ability. Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.... Lol I've had a great laugh at how triggered you 3 got. So easy to trigger the less intelegent folk. It's made my night fly by laughing at you guys.
Geez, and to think, all I did when I worked nights when not busy was play solitaire, did I miss out? lol. U all be safe and have a Great Day.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You obviously are a little too simple-minded to realize what a figure of speech is.

Not way off bud. I'm sorry that you fail it reading and comprehension. And no ego here bud, unless we are counting your ego. Since you seem to enjoy trying to put other people down. Have a good day sir I can't be bothered but likes of you.

Not way off bud. I'm sorry that you fail it reading and comprehension. And no ego here bud, unless we are counting your ego. Since you seem to enjoy trying to put other people down. Have a good day sir I can't be bothered but likes of you

Must not have much of a life if reading on the forums is your main source of entertainment. I feel sorry for you

Glad to know you don't get wound up. :party36:

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Your 14 doesn't have the back-up nanny feature unless you've had the recall done to activate it. That's one of the open recalls on my truck,that won't be getting done anytime soon,lol
OK guys , I bought the damn truck new in late 14, I was reading these forms and that was about the time a fellow that I forget who, killed himself when his Jeep pinned him to his gate, and there was mention on turning it on with the computer, in the truck, in this form.

Mine was not active at the time, so I went into the menu and turned it on my self.
The dealer had nothing to do with it.
It now will put the truck into park if you open a door when in gear.

Guess I will have to go out after coffee and check how I did it.
Or not , according to you?

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
OK guys , I bought the damn truck new in late 14, I was reading these forms and that was about the time a fellow that I forget who, killed himself when his Jeep pinned him to his gate, and there was mention on turning it on with the computer, in the truck, in this form.

Mine was not active at the time, so I went into the menu and turned it on my self.
The dealer had nothing to do with it.
It now will put the truck into park if you open a door when in gear.

Guess I will have to go out after coffee and check how I did it.
Or not , according to you?
Only way to turn that feature on in a 2014 was by a dealer installed update,so you must of had the truck into a dealer and they did the computor flash/update with-out telling you,or it was included when they installed any open update or recall. If you turned it on yourself,you should be able to turn it off,and i'll hazard a guess you can't turn it off ,as your truck has had the recall installed by a dealer

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Comedy hour is fawken F U N !!!

:big_banana_Dance:
Good one, Off topic as it is getting thick in here.
What I shake my head at is the campers with a $250,000 motor home, a small suv tied to the back so they can do something when they park that thing, and then behind the suv is a damn boat.
I have always wanted to see them try to park that thing.
When I was still working, and farming ,I had a couple small , short trailers you could not see in the truck mirrors till it was almost sideways.
Quite a few years ago ,I did rig up a camera on the back of my tandem 2090 IHC , that was handy, it was on a switch and you could keep you eye on what ever may be hooked behind, that you can't see with the mirrors, ie small fuel trailer or auger, etc.

BTW most of my trucks never came with seat belts and a mirror was extra.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Gents, I've just caught up on this thread. As fun a read as this has been from all sides, let's get back to civil conversation.

Yarek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10 magnum
I was using our 2022 2500 to move 5th wheel around our storage area when I discovered another unwanted / undesireable BIG BROTHER feature . It seems if you have the drivers door open in reverse you cannot backup . The truck just sits there and acts like it's in neutral . Does anybody know of a simple override for this (to me) ridiculous feature ?. Maybe a special fuse or something ? Not likely I am guessing .

Eh, a piece of tape over the switch that senses whether or not the door is open? I don't know how it works in the new vehicles, but in old ones there is a little bump switch that used to trigger the dome light, and in somewhat newer cars would also trigger a beep/dash warning light when the door is open and ignition is on. If it's still a little bump switch, duct tape should fix that. If it's a weird sensor somewhere on the hinge, then not...

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If it's still a little bump switch, duct tape should fix that. If it's a weird sensor somewhere on the hinge, then not...
The "sensor" that detects if the door is open is on the door latch itself, it doesn't report the door is closed unless fully double latched.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I was using our 2022 2500 to move 5th wheel around our storage area when I discovered another unwanted / undesireable BIG BROTHER feature . It seems if you have the drivers door open in reverse you cannot backup . The truck just sits there and acts like it's in neutral . Does anybody know of a simple override for this (to me) ridiculous feature ?. Maybe a special fuse or something ? Not likely I am guessing .

This is to help people who try to get out of the truck in gear.

It saves lives.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure why this is such a big deal. Every car wash I've gone to, simply latches the seat belt before getting in. They leave it latched until they park the vehicle to clean the interior.

If you think it's a pain to have to do it when you are trailering, imaging having to do it to all the vehicles at a busy car wash...

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
See: https://munley.com/jeep-that-killed... that killed actor,pinned him against a fence.

Others have mentioned this but this is a link to the specific case. The person killed was the actor who played Chekov in the most recent Star Trek movies. Note the story mentions the fact that his vehical did not have the recall that had been announced two months prior.

A lot has to do with liability. In this case FCA could claim that they had issued the recall and it wasn't their fault he didn't get it done.

That said, I can verify that my '22 Ram 2500 does NOT automatically go into park if I open the door. When hooking up my travel trailer, once I back the ball under the coupler, I leave the engine running while I get out to lower the tongue of the trailer onto the ball. This is because I may have to jump back in and adjust my position and I don't want to shut it down only to start it back up 30 seconds later. My usual procedure is to hold the brake while I shift into park and then activate the emergency brake, then go check the trailer. The other day when I got back in the truck and found that I had left it in drive, and it was still in drive but hadn't moved because the emergency brake was on. Ill now have to go back and look to see if I have some kind of settings that control this...but I don't remember seeing anything like that.

Or am I misunderstanding what's going on?