another cam bites the dust - I think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not too far. I'm in Toms river which is northern Ocean I guess.

Do you work for a shop or do things on your own?
NAH, kinda near the middle of Ocean County, lol. No speeding on the GSP, lol.

Last edited:

Silver21Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
in the end - I agree with you.

I thought about what was to come. I was already planning to have the 100k maintenance done at the dealership and also planning on refreshing the suspension at some point within the next year or so. It was going to need tires in the winter, a set of brakes soon, it needed the driver-side leather repaired, and a couple of other odds and ends I had planned to sort out. I talked to a couple of shops and the ram dealership. The general consensus would be to put another engine in it. I searched around for trade-in values (off market, Toyota, Chevy, Ram) and naturally, ram was going to give me the best trade-in. They'd take it, throw another engine in there, sort anything else out, and sell it on. I really don't think this would be ******** anyone over, and it leaves me in a much more manageable situation. I'm really surprised at what they gave me for the trade-in. Thousands more than everywhere else.

with all that being said, I'm in a new ram with the pentastar. If all goes well I'll baby it and ill drive it to 200k.
I don't think there's any question that you made the right decision !
Besides, what can beat having a beautiful new Ram in the driveway ?!!
When in doubt go New !!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nothing is cheap there days!
Yesterday, fer giggles, I was surfing prices, and everything is 8-15K more than when I bought with no discounts. Heck 2022 Lonestar, with lousy quad lighting all 48-55. I bought MY 19 in 2018. U cannot even get a truck with LED lighting unless ordered special or U go way up in trim. Not just RAM, all the brands across the board. YUP, stay with my lil lowly Bighorn.

OP
OP
G

gnick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
for what it's worth - I have 2 pieces of new information.

I took my new truck into the dealership to have a bedliner sprayed in. I asked about the old truck and it did indeed have a bad motor. cams/lifters

I received my report from blackstone labs from the last Oil change I did which was 3k miles prior to failure. It said nothing was out of the ordinary. No measurable increased contamination from the previous blackstone reports I'd done.