Another key fob question (yeah, I know)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got this '12. I went to dodge and about had a stroke when I found out what they want for one damn key! I found a couple of supposed OEM keys via eBay, and the only locksmith in town (who says "no problem" he can program them for less than the stealership quoted. But he's a one man band that runs like a headless chicken, (he is a good guy) but he is just so busy)
Being a fleet mechanic, (that is hopelessly stuck working on an endless supply of Ford's) I have a brand new Snap on Solus Legend scanner of which I still don't know what-all I can do on/with it.

I was just finally getting comfortable with the scanner it replaced but it was cheaper to trade in for a unit with the latest available updates vs the cost of updating my year and a 1/2 old Solus Edge.
Is there any way I can program my own with this overpriced scanner and just get the "emergency key" cut later?

My son bought a '17 Cummins truck about 3 weeks before I got my '12. I just found out that he too only got 1 key with his truck and is asking me if I can also help him program another one for his truck as well. Can anyone help me out here?

OP
OP
D

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well no answer, $65 to a locksmith later (which I was hoping to avoid) for less than 10 minutes of his time and I now have 2 more keys for a total of 3/ one for the wife and one for a spare plus the original. $6.50/minute seems a bit steep.
(Plus the $120 to BUY my 2 new keys besides)

OP
OP
D

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is that? I'd like to be able to find (another) use for this $2700 scanner I already have spent the money on for work not long before I bought this truck.