Another noob install. Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rangerluc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’ve scoured the Webs and have been speaking with crutchfield but there’s some things they can’t answer.
2014 ram 2500 slt with the 5.4 screen and 6 speakers.
Just installed the speakers from the JL C2-600 component kit.
still have the tweeters and crossovers to install.
questions:

I’m now getting the infinity Primus 4 channel amp to power. Correct?

I think I also need a line output converter. I found the pac converter. correct?

How does the amp plug into the factory system? Do I need rca cables?

I am also looking at the crutchfield ck 8 amp install kit. Will I need anything else?

how do you wire the speakers into the crossovers? Do I splice somewhere? Same for tweeters….

do I then use speaker wire to go from the crossovers into the amp? Then rca from amp to……?????

I’m not building a top of the line system, just an upgrade. Any help is appreciated

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How are you going to correct the bass roll off?? Just simply amplifying the audio from the stock unit will just make it louder not better.

OP
OP
Rangerluc

Rangerluc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’m looking at the PAC line output converter as well.
@IDSandman I’m not going to lie I don’t even know what that means lol. Suggestions?

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this is a month old but sounds like you need to take it to a audio shop or Best Buy and have them do it lol.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
I’ve scoured the Webs and have been speaking with crutchfield but there’s some things they can’t answer.
2014 ram 2500 slt with the 5.4 screen and 6 speakers.
Just installed the speakers from the JL C2-600 component kit.
still have the tweeters and crossovers to install.
questions:

I’m now getting the infinity Primus 4 channel amp to power. Correct?

I think I also need a line output converter. I found the pac converter. correct?

How does the amp plug into the factory system? Do I need rca cables?

I am also looking at the crutchfield ck 8 amp install kit. Will I need anything else?

how do you wire the speakers into the crossovers? Do I splice somewhere? Same for tweeters….

do I then use speaker wire to go from the crossovers into the amp? Then rca from amp to……?????

I’m not building a top of the line system, just an upgrade. Any help is appreciated
Where are you sitting with this right now? Have you actually purchased any equipment? Do you have any of the aftermarket stuff in hand right now? A simple lock will not work with the six speaker setup on the factory head unit. That factory unit needs to see a load on each speaker channel or it will shut down signal to those speakers. There's an inexpensive way to do this and there's a very expensive way to do this. Inexpensive route can sound pretty decent, the expense of route will sound phenomenal. Either way we'll blow the crappy Alpine system out of the water.

shrubs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I only call when I guess a A team person is accessible. M-F 9-3 their time.

Try Crutchfield again and maybe luck out.

Big d concrete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The pac interface will solve all your problems with wiring. Definitely a must get, 2021 2500hd alpine system, all controls work great, 2 amps, 2 subs, 12 speaker replacement