Another Recall :O

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Went to my Online dashboard and see I have another Recall/Campaign ! But no recall # and I did try searching my Vin but says non needed on the NHTSA web site . You have any idea on what it might be ? Is it the 8 speed transmission recall that someone had a thread on ? Thanks just looking for a heads up and my RAM is going to dealer Friday to check my oil sensor anyway.
I have a 2015 RAM 1500 4x4 with the V6 if that makes a difference

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just looked my truck up. I’ve got one too. #u53 occupant restraint control module. Here we go AGAIN 3rd recall in one year. wtf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still say finding and fixing issues (even if after production) is a whole lot better than letting bad stuff happen.

As much as I like to be a step ahead of the game, I just wait until my next oil change and have them perform any recalls/TSBs that apply.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I still say finding and fixing issues (even if after production) is a whole lot better than letting bad stuff happen.

As much as I like to be a step ahead of the game, I just wait until my next oil change and have them perform any recalls/TSBs that apply.
I agree, I get my recalls also done at time of service, Oil Change,Tire rotation etc. This week goes in on Friday to check my oil pressure sensor so Ill get it done then ! Yea a pain to get recalls but at least they fix them NC lol

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I agree, I get my recalls also done at time of service, Oil Change,Tire rotation etc. This week goes in on Friday to check my oil pressure sensor so Ill get it done then ! Yea a pain to get recalls but at least they fix them NC lol

I have recall #12 (or is it 13) in the drawer right now. Sure has gotten really old. The only real problem I've had is the oil pressure sending unit which was after the warranty expired. 2014 6.4 46000 miles.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have recall #12 (or is it 13) in the drawer right now. Sure has gotten really old. The only real problem I've had is the oil pressure sending unit which was after the warranty expired. 2014 6.4 46000 miles.
I am leaning on the fact that I am also having a issue with my oil sending unit on my Pentastar V6 . May I ask what was the issue you had with the Oil Sending unit ? How did it act ?? Thanks

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I am leaning on the fact that I am also having a issue with my oil sending unit on my Pentastar V6 . May I ask what was the issue you had with the Oil Sending unit ? How did it act ?? Thanks

My oil pressure light came on. The digital readout showed the actual pressure was OK. I searched this site and found many others with the same problem regardless of engine size. My son also had the same problem with his Durango v6. It seems it is such a common problem that FCA would change vendors. Its not a big expense just a PITA.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
My oil pressure light came on. The digital readout showed the actual pressure was OK. I searched this site and found many others with the same problem regardless of engine size. My son also had the same problem with his Durango v6. It seems it is such a common problem that FCA would change vendors. Its not a big expense just a PITA.
Thanks for your reply ! So far I have no codes just the pressure read out is different for about 1 minute,, Looked at a You Tube video and yea looks like a royal pain to change. Hopefully my extended warranty pays for it :) Normal on the V6 is 90 PSI Cold and warmed 35/45 PSI depending on load, Now cols starts at 45 PSI for about a minute :O I am not too smart on repairs for a Truck or car but smart enough to have a pro do it lol

Naldo1710

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have that U53 campaign in my dashboard. No information on it though. It doesn't have a campaign number and when I click on the document, it gives me an error. Anyone figured out what it is?

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just stop at the dealer to schedule an oil change, she said a recall just dropped, it has to do with an airbag sensor. I have a 2017 express with 6 cyl, for reference.

Edit- It is a flash to a module. No parts required.