Another stuck roller lifter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
The next time I'm in the market for a dragster engine powered vehicle, I'll keep what you say in mind. BTW, what on earth would I want 10,000 horsepower for? ;)
Lol you don’t have to use it all

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Wouldnnt it be great if they designed a completely new Hemi with twin overhead cams?! This would eliminate so many woes in the mechanics of lifters and their failures, but would require a different way to kill off cylinders for fuel economy. Look at some BMW's and the Fiat 500's with no intake manifold or throttle. Engine cam timing and throttling is done through variable opening valves! Of course, they are riddled with their own unique quirks! ;)
Solenoid operated valve train is what im waiting for!!!

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont care aftermarket or not.

The reason Ferrari and Lamborghini dont have options for cams is because, 1) Nobody would be willing to fork out thousands of dollars for a new cam. And 2) the OEM cam profiles (And everything else in that engine) is already designed for maximum performance.

It isnt solely about lift and duration of a cam. Its how it is CONTROLLED. Why do you think Koenigsegg is investing so much time, and money into a camless engine?

I tell you why. Because getting rid of a camshaft completely, and replacing it with a solenoid over each individual valve gives complete control over EVERYTHING. you can adjust intake and exhaust individual of each other, and adjust int/ext on each individual cylinder.

For example. my old DOHC Mitsubishi Evo (Yes i know, a 4 banger) has a fuel rail, fuel comes into the rail, and straight into cylinder 1, but takes a little longer to get all the way to the back, into cylinder 4. This causes cylinder 4 to run a little hotter than all others. So i ended up having to pull a bit of timing.

If i had a camless engine. i could adjust when the intake valve opens and closes on just that 1 cylinder. Which would in turn cool it down, and allow me to run more timing.

I have no idea if Ferrari or Lamborghini offer performance cams today.

Last edited: