Another tire thread!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put General Tire Grabber A/T X in LT275 60 20 on my truck on the advice of my tire shop guy (local small shop in my town of 5000). Been through some weather already snow and rain and they are great. Unfortunately I can’t speak to their durability but my tire guy told me good things as he runs them on his 2500. A little heavier than stock so they hit my mileage a little as they’re not P rated. And they look great too.

I do intend to swap them out next spring for a suitable summer tire or at least something with a less aggressive tread.

As a side note I have had Duratracs and loved them until they wore out prematurely then loved turned to hate and expense. Life lesson I guess

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
question about your 275 factory tires, did you have any problems with them. I am keeping track of all problems with 275 factory tires after my blow outS with damage. thanks

Hey there I had 1 factory wrangler tire split across side to side 2 weeks into owning truck when I very slowly went over a regular street curb. Dealer replaced it no problem. Said it was a defective tire. Than took all off and put on cooper zeon. They were great tires in rain and snow which I get alot of. I had to replace 2 in rear after an accident and the new zeons completely suck. Must have changed compound or something I can only figure. Good luck on finding more info.

OP
OP
F

fadetoblack188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So I am currently leaning towards nitto ridge grapplers in 295/60/20. They seem to get pretty good reviews across the board even people saying they perform well in snow.

the only negative I am seeing is weight. I may see it in gas mileage. But if I cared I woulda got a Prius

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
So I am currently leaning towards nitto ridge grapplers in 295/60/20. They seem to get pretty good reviews across the board even people saying they perform well in snow.

the only negative I am seeing is weight. I may see it in gas mileage. But if I cared I woulda got a Prius

I don't think you will go wrong with the Ridge Grapplers. I haven't tried them but sure heard a lot of good about them. Post pics when you get them mounted.

Ctrain1191

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6

I have a 2017 Ram 1500. I’m currently running 295/55/20 with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Yes they are heavier and impact the mpg but not a huge amount. Like you said doesn’t bother me much. I’m not interested in a Prius

kyleb8077

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Rebel
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FWIW I've been running 295/60/20 Trail Grapplers for just shy of 70K miles. Has been a very good tire for me. My next set will likely be the Ridge Grappler as well. Looking for something still aggressive off road but a little better on road.

SDHunter75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with Wildpeaks. Gotta say I’m not impressed! Drove in a snow storm out in SD hunting and we just had a few here in MN. Like a lot of AT tires the ice traction is horrid and the don’t seem to clean themselves out! But the G2s I had on a previous truck were much better. I wouldn’t buy the Falkens again.

mbrady1025

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

I just recently went with the 305/50/20 Nitto Ridge grapplers and couldn't be any happier. Worth every penny imho. Went a lil wider and less of a sidewall to stop the roll on cornering and better traction in cornering as well. they say they are 1" shorter but with all that meat on there I don't think so, side by side comparison was the same. Plus even if they are slightly smaller over time, I didn't care because I just lowered the rear by 2" to stop that racked look.