Another Uconnect replacement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGvolFAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,
I have a 2010 1500 Laramie. I believe I have the RER Uconnect system as I do not have audio streaming capability. The touch screen has been acting up for awhile, and now it is nearly impossible to get to work. I tried to recalibrate it, but spent an hour with the system not recognizing any touch input. It's beyond frustrating.

Question is, can I add a RHR unit from a different Dodge vehicle and it be plug in play with my truck? I don't want to lose any stock features like the back up camera or SAT radio, but I would like to gain the audio streaming if possible. I'm looking at this unit on eBay. Visually it matches, but of course the eBay combability feature says it won't work.

I'm taking apart the dash anyways in a few weeks to replace an actuator, so I figure its a good time to make this upgrade as well.

Attachments

• tempFileForShare_20221006-175518.jpg
    tempFileForShare_20221006-175518.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 8

ajairola

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
An RHR will work but not that one, you need one from a High Speed CanBus Vehicle(see below).Highspeed vs low speed.png