Antennas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Why does automobile makers have to make the roof antennas so unsightly? I would prefer they put it all in a shark fin centered towards the rear of the cab. I know they put it up front cause of in bed campers. But what is the population doing this? 1%? Who's with me here? Anyone else like their trucks to be symmetrical? :Frustrated:

Ricktara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't mind the shark fin. I just wish it did a better job of Satellite radio without dropping out all the time. Up in NH I guess it's hard to get a solid signal

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have never really noticed my shark fin, Power wagon on 35's. Is the shark fin the satellite radio or the am/fm? I figured the little square was the satellite but really have no idea.

OP
OP
68PowerWagon

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I don't mind the shark fin. I just wish it did a better job of Satellite radio without dropping out all the time. Up in NH I guess it's hard to get a solid signal
This has been an issue with my 2016 2500 as well. My wife rarely has any drop outs in her Durango. My 2500 is almost daily.
And I don't hate the look of the shark fin per say... but it bothers me it is not in the center of the cab. **** huh!?! :hahano:

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It doesn't really bother me, don't even notice them to be honest. Besides the camper thing it's always best to get the antenna as close to the receiver as you can, extra cable length = more RF signal loss and they are already dealing with a less then optimal antenna design trying to keep the foot print small.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
My 2019 couldn't keep a signal for anything, but my 2021 Durango is perfect. My 2021 Ram has excellent reception too

Trick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the clearance lamps and it does seem out of balance. I have a rough time with XM always dropping as well. In the northwest it's hilly and wooded so figuring that's the issue??