Any 5th gen 1500 successful heated seat swaps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Has anybody successfully done this? I’m specifically asking about about the 5th gen Ram DT 1500. Not the 4th gen 1500 or the kinda 5th gen heavy duty.

i installed heated front seats in my truck and replaced my clock spring so I could add a heated steering wheel. I have gone in with AlfaOBD and done all the settings that I found. I now have the soft buttons on my 12” screen but they don’t turn the seats or the steering wheel on.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
well this is not a good sign

Wirerat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not done the heated seats in alpha.

But, The only changes that worked on my 2020 were when I connected to the MY2013-2017 bcm.

So you should try there if you haven't.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat

But, The only changes that worked on my 2020 were when I connected to the MY2013-2017 bcm.

was that before the update with the 2021 and 2022 bcm? Mine is a 2021 so i have been connecting to the 2021 bcm

Wirerat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
was that before the update with the 2021 and 2022 bcm? Mine is a 2021 so i have been connecting to the 2021 bcm

Yes I made my changes a couple days ago. Well after that app update.

Try it. My truck is a 2020. The guys over on the 5th gen forums told me to try my2013-2017 and it worked for my drl and fog light dropout.

The other bcm's options wouldn't save the changes. Good luck.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Thanks, I will give it a try. I know it shows that the changes have been saved, but the buttons just don’t turn the seats or steering wheel on.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat

so i tried this. For reference I am using this on a windows 10 laptop. I tried connecting to tthe 2013-2017 bcm, but when its done it switches back to showing the 2021 bcm being highlighted. Did yours do the same thing or did it stay on 2013-2017 like it connected there?

Wirerat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so i tried this. For reference I am using this on a windows 10 laptop. I tried connecting to tthe 2013-2017 bcm, but when its done it switches back to showing the 2021 bcm being highlighted. Did yours do the same thing or did it stay on 2013-2017 like it connected there?
No, but I have a 2020. So maybe a difference there.

brental1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anybody successfully done this? I’m specifically asking about about the 5th gen Ram DT 1500. Not the 4th gen 1500 or the kinda 5th gen heavy duty.

i installed heated front seats in my truck and replaced my clock spring so I could add a heated steering wheel. I have gone in with AlfaOBD and done all the settings that I found. I now have the soft buttons on my 12” screen but they don’t turn the seats or the steering wheel on.
I'm trying to do the same thing. Did you get donor seats, or add seat heater pads to your existing seats? If the latter, what parts/harnesses did you need to add? Did you get them to turn on? Thanks, Brent

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I'm trying to do the same thing. Did you get donor seats, or add seat heater pads to your existing seats? If the latter, what parts/harnesses did you need to add? Did you get them to turn on? Thanks, Brent
I got a set of OEM heated seats. However I never got this working. I have determined that body wiring harness does not have the needed wires to turn on the seats. I need to find someone with the access to wiring schematics and the ability to make me a harness with the proper pins.

brental1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a set of OEM heated seats. However I never got this working. I have determined that body wiring harness does not have the needed wires to turn on the seats. I need to find someone with the access to wiring schematics and the ability to make me a harness with the proper pins.
You are correct about the wires. Mine is 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group. I bought a set of Laramie heat/vent/power pass./memory driver seats. I also got the entire cabin harness from the donor truck. So far, I've identified 17 wires (schematic attached) that are not present in my Level 1 harness; and about 6 more for the memory function that I haven't traced yet. I think I'm going to ignore the Memory function. I really don't care about having it, it requires a switch in the door panel, and I don't know what door harness wires I'm missing (I assume the switch talks to the system through CANBUS?). I think I can add the 17 wires to my truck. I have purchased a center stack with the heated/vented switches and heated wheel switch (no additional wiring required--communicates through CANBUS), a heated steering wheel, and clock spring with the additional 2 terminals. After that, all the programming will need to be done. Have you made any progress? Any information is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-12 080601.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-12 080601.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I have not gotten any further. I was hoping one of the vendors on here that does wiring harnesses could make me one.

brental1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I bought a a set of Laramie heated/cooled/memory driver/power passenger to ATTEMPT to swap into my 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group. At least 20 wires missing in my truck. I bought the complete cabin wire harness from the donor truck. Been a journey; but I'm making progress on building a 'supplemental' harness with the wires I have stolen from the donor harness.. I would really appreciate any information from someone who has already done this.

Attachments

• Harness board.jpg
    Harness board.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I'm diving back into this. Terminals from mouser were delivered today. Looks like I need to run 12 wires to get the heated seats and the steering wheel working. This is based off already having the heated seats installed. It's going to be a several step process between measuring lengths, making my own harnesses and then pinning them in the connectors. Both seats and center console will have to come out.

On a side note: I might never add or buy them, but while I'm doing this it just makes sense to add the wires for cooled seats which is basically two more wires.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I bought a a set of Laramie heated/cooled/memory driver/power passenger to ATTEMPT to swap into my 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group. At least 20 wires missing in my truck. I bought the complete cabin wire harness from the donor truck. Been a journey; but I'm making progress on building a 'supplemental' harness with the wires I have stolen from the donor harness.. I would really appreciate any information from someone who has already done this.
any chance you can get me the lengths of the wires for the different color circles? The blue circle is what I'm going to start working on first.

Harness board lengths.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
got the 3 wires in the blue circle made and installed last night. I made them 4'-8" long which worked but a little longer would have been better. If I was to do it again I would make them 5 Foot long. They go from the connector at the passenger seat XY420A to a connector right behind the passenger side Kick Panel XY332A. All 3 wires are Fused Ignition.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Finally got the heated seats and steering wheel working. I had to make a custom harness and add 10 wires to the body harness side connectors and run 2 twisted wires to the Star IHS Body Connector. On my truck all the wires were there on the IP harness side of the connectors.