Any advice on fighting a warranty company

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PWonly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What warranty company are you dealing with? They sound awful. Sorry you're having to jump through hoops on this.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Your first post to this groups was asking if you should get a service contract or, "... buy the truck and do a full delete on it?". I'd surely love to hear why this claim is being denied...You know, the other side of the story? Did you get an Exclusionary contract or a Stated Coverage contract? There are only those two types, mashed up into a bunch of neat names and packages.

VR Nicastro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I always go to a well known local oil change shop. Not jiffy lube or oil express.
They can pull all my records. I’m done changing oil in my vehicles. When the indicator light comes on, I get it changed. Typically it’s around $160 because it’s an Ecodiesel. I change the fuel filter myself. Every 10K. Messy job!

JEFF MANN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ECODIESEL
I also enter my maintenance record on the RAM DASHBOARD, problem is I still get email messages asking if it's been too long since my last oil change, and it's tracked in a spreadsheet on my computer, I guess I'll enter the VIN on it also, it's our only MOPAR product, so hopefully between the the filter flap, the receipt , oil change sticker and spreadsheet is enough! A$$HOLES!

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You never answered what warranty company ?

1970Pelle

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
90 W150,ShortBed/87 Ramcharger 2WD project
Engine
W150 318,4bbl,auto4x4 VGC/ 87 Ramcharger 318/904 VGC
Do you do your own oil and filter changes ? And there wanting the slip from the store you bought your oil and filter? Like others have already said if your bought it with a card, you can track the purchase. Even if you paid cash at the local parts store they keep your info. That's why they ask for your phone number.
But if you can not produce the receipt, they have you. Read the agreement, you can sue till the cows come home. You will not win, you have to prove you changed your oil and filter. I know its not what you want to hear.
I have stood on both sides of these type deals many times. And the Service Contract Company mostly will always win. The deal the engine failed right after and oil service really looks bad.

1970Pelle

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
90 W150,ShortBed/87 Ramcharger 2WD project
Engine
W150 318,4bbl,auto4x4 VGC/ 87 Ramcharger 318/904 VGC
The way to handle this for those who read this. Buy your oil filters from a Dealership of the vehicle involved. And keep the receipts in the glove box, never remove them from the vehicle. Make up a ledger of all service work done with mileage and date. If you have that they can not do anything but stand behind there contract. But not having receipts dead in the water.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I put every Ram receipt into my console & every once in a while, i take them all into my place & they go into a shoe box.

When i sold my last Ram, they got the shoe box with 7 years of receipts with the truck & 3 working FOBs

If you have a Eco-diesel, what do you think the oil change interval mileage is ?

According to my dealership, It is not the same as the HEMI !!

Last edited: