Any complaints on your rebel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram doesn’t have that feature. That’s why they have a button on the driver door panel where the lock buttons, window up/down buttons and mirror adjustment buttons are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotchya. Yea I have the button, I just thought it was an option to have the auto fold.

Jakbkwik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
So has anyone had trouble with the side mirrors? I used to occasionally take my truck through the car wash if it’s too cold or I don’t have time to hand wash. I always fold the mirrors in when I take it to the car wash but during the wash the spinning cloths will flip the power mirror on the passenger side open and all the way forward. I’m afraid it’s going to damage the gears in the mirror so I just stopped using the car wash. This never happened with my 2015 RAM Sport but the ‘19 Rebel always does this

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just use a touch less wash, that won't happen

So has anyone had trouble with the side mirrors? I used to occasionally take my truck through the car wash if it’s too cold or I don’t have time to hand wash. I always fold the mirrors in when I take it to the car wash but during the wash the spinning cloths will flip the power mirror on the passenger side open and all the way forward. I’m afraid it’s going to damage the gears in the mirror so I just stopped using the car wash. This never happened with my 2015 RAM Sport but the ‘19 Rebel always does this

bullinthehouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only problem that I have had is with the seats in the front. Since day one the clips that hold the leather cover on came loose on the driver’s side and I clipped it back but within a week it was undone again. I took it to the dealership and it was at the beginning of the Covid-19 start up and I had to wait till January of this year ( I’ve had the truck for over a year ) they said it was fixed and got to the parking lot of the dealership and it was still undone !!! I called the owner who I know she called the new service manager and he said “ Oh my man fixed it and the other stuff too I was there and he’s the best one I have blah blah blah “ so I called the owner again and he said I’m on. Vacation next week so after that call me and we’ll get it fixed !!!! Hell now a clear plastic box on the passenger seat has fell under it and I think that the dealership broke it when it was in for the first time so I D K ! I’m thinking about going to another dealership for this . Has anyone else ever had this problem ?

Jakbkwik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Just use a touch less wash, that won't happen

See there are no touchless washes within a 35 min drive of me. Anyway, not asking for options on How To wash my truck, I’m just asking if anyone else has had an issue with mechanical mirrors being damaged or broken in a car wash

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
See there are no touchless washes within a 35 min drive of me. Anyway, not asking for options on How To wash my truck, I’m just asking if anyone else has had an issue with mechanical mirrors being damaged or broken in a car wash
You sound very knowledgeable, sry to offer an alternative

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If you fold your mirrors in before you enter a touch-car wash and the brushes still pull your mirror from tucked in by the window to I’m assuming you’re saying 180° next to the fender, your gears are probably already stripped if its pulling it that far. Your mirror’s not even supposed to be moved that far if I’m not mistaken.

I know you said it’s always done this but every single time that you’ve used an automated car wash with brushes, have you always folded your mirrors in? Has it always folded your mirror that far forward every time you use the car wash?

Jakbkwik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
If you fold your mirrors in before you enter a touch-car wash and the brushes still pull your mirror from tucked in by the window to I’m assuming you’re saying 180° next to the fender, your gears are probably already stripped if its pulling it that far. Your mirror’s not even supposed to be moved that far if I’m not mistaken.

I know you said it’s always done this but every single time that you’ve used an automated car wash with brushes, have you always folded your mirrors in? Has it always folded your mirror that far forward every time you use the car wash?

Jakbkwik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
It never happened on my 2015 RAM, but when I got the 2019 it did. I always fold the mirrors in and of the 4 times I’ve taken the 2019 through the wash it has folded the right side mirror completely around to the fender. The motor will bring it back into the right position once I’m out but I’m afraid it’s going to damage the gears so I stopped taking it to the car wash.

Jakbkwik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
New
It never happened on my 2015 RAM, but when I got the 2019 it did. I always fold the mirrors in and of the 4 times I’ve taken the 2019 through the wash it has folded the right side mirror completely around to the fender. The motor will bring it back into the right position once I’m out but I’m afraid it’s going to damage the gears so I stopped taking it to the car wash.