Any Ecodiesel Owner here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Any Ecodiesel Owner here?

Ive been looking at ecodiesel, The Fuel economy is insane! 30mpg-25mpg city.

For those that have them, Did you have any mechanical problems with yours?

been looking at 2014 to 2016 years.

I have a 2017 Eco Diesel, at 16,900 miles a piston and rod came apart, keep in mind I have only owned the truck for 10 months. That was this past sunday. I towed my truck in on Monday afternoon and they ordered my motor and installed the new motor on Tuesday. I was literally only down 1 1/2 days. I was picking my truck back up on Wednesday. They replaced it no questions asked and did a great job. That was a catastrophic engine failure, but other than that I have really enjoyed the diesel. I do a lot of driving that's why i went with the ED for the fuel mileage and longevity of a diesel engine. They have only replaced 3 engines in all the ED trucks they have sold at that particular dealer. I am hoping this is a good one!

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Maybe. Bay area traffic lately I run 70, 80 just to keep from getting run over. I get 21 - 25 down there. I also have a 2" leveling kit and run a 33/12.50/20 tire as well. Those are big mileage killers