Any lifter and cam recommendations out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RKramkowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I have a 2017 Ram 150k miles on it with the 5.7 hemi and just had the lifter failure. Before that, I had one of the cylinder eight exhaust bolts snap. I purchased a set of shorty headers to hopefully eliminate future bolts breaking. The repair work is being covered under the extended warranty I had purchased when I bought the truck used. I talked to the shop and since they have to disassemble it anyway, they'll put the headers on instead of the stock manifolds. They also said they'd replace the stock lifters and cam with aftermarket and all I'd have to do is pay the difference in price between the stock parts and aftermarket. So are there any recommendations for lifters and cams out there that are better designed than the stock ones? CompCams? Edelbrock? Others? One thing to note is that they won't disable the MDS since it is being done under the warranty.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So I have a 2017 Ram 150k miles on it with the 5.7 hemi and just had the lifter failure. Before that, I had one of the cylinder eight exhaust bolts snap. I purchased a set of shorty headers to hopefully eliminate future bolts breaking. The repair work is being covered under the extended warranty I had purchased when I bought the truck used. I talked to the shop and since they have to disassemble it anyway, they'll put the headers on instead of the stock manifolds. They also said they'd replace the stock lifters and cam with aftermarket and all I'd have to do is pay the difference in price between the stock parts and aftermarket. So are there any recommendations for lifters and cams out there that are better designed than the stock ones? CompCams? Edelbrock? Others? One thing to note is that they won't disable the MDS since it is being done under the warranty.
No tune and keeping MDS really restricts your choices,this is the only decent cam i know of that meets those requirements.Stick with factory Mopar lifters.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
oem, nothing wrong with them. Fact, the issue with lifters is not the quality of the lifters ir cam. Now, if you wanted an upgrade as in more power, that is another issue.