Any of y'all getting offers to buy your late model trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyBandit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2021 Ram Bighorn 5.7/4wd/etc....

I bought in January..... I have gotten calls from the dealer I bought from and a couple of other dealers I shopped at before I bought....

Trying to buy my truck.

Anyone getting this?

Bob Macknight

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4hemi
every year,as the new models come out,i say keep it if you like it,dont go with the flow

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Last edited:

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sales gimmick, I get the all the time.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Unsolicited offers are a tactic to get you in to the dealership to buy a new vehicle. I've gotten a lot of those over the years. Having said that, trade in values are through the roof right now. I just traded in my 2020 Laramie for the same amount that I bought it for 18 months ago. And I was able to get the Limited I really wanted to buy when I bought the Laramie. We're living in strange times.

OP
OP
JohnnyBandit

JohnnyBandit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
every year,as the new models come out,i say keep it if you like it,dont go with the flow
I am not selling....

I bought EXACTLY what I wanted.... Minus a few add ons. Steps, spray in bedliner, different tires, etc.

I bought this truck to take through my last few years of working and well into retirement.

OP
OP
JohnnyBandit

JohnnyBandit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am not selling....

I bought EXACTLY what I wanted.... Minus a few add ons. Steps, spray in bedliner, different tires, etc.

I bought this truck to take through my last few years of working and well into retirement.

OP
OP
JohnnyBandit

JohnnyBandit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unsolicited offers are a tactic to get you in to the dealership to buy a new vehicle. I've gotten a lot of those over the years. Having said that, trade in values are through the roof right now. I just traded in my 2020 Laramie for the same amount that I bought it for 18 months ago. And I was able to get the Limited I really wanted to buy when I bought the Laramie. We're living in strange times.

I have as well.... But these are pure we want to buy your truck offers....
They are trying to buy my truck to resell.....
I have been offered as much as 20 percent over my final out the door price...

There were pretty good incentives and I negotiated hard when I bought in January..... Because every dealer had trucks on the lot....

I cannot replace what I have (IF I could find it.) for within 10 grand of what I paid in January.

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
I am only into mine for a couple weeks... so no... however mine has a 3.6 so might be less in-demand.

Local dealers all seem to have plenty of Rams... however the ford dealership next door is just about empty other than used (come to think of it, i don't think i have seen a single new f150 on the lot)

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I had the same here in Houston. The dealer I took my Ram to (not the dealer I purchased from) for an oil change two months ago called to ask if I’d be interested in selling or trading my truck. He asked if I would send them six pics including one of the odometer whereupon they would send me a written offer.

I decided it would be interesting to see their offer so I sent the pics. About two hours later I get a written offer for my 2020 Ram 1500 Lone Star 2WD eTorque with 4600 miles (in eight months) for $42,000.

They’ve followed up with two calls trying to convince me to go for it but like I told them - I have a great Ram with ZERO issues, Hellwig say bar, Leer topper, etc., and prefer not to roll the dice and get one with issues. He said I can keep the sway bar and topper but I’m just not interested.

He tried to get me to move up to a Laramie or Longhorn but it was going to be more money. I thanked him for his offer and he replied I’ll hear from them in May.

Last edited:

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I am not selling....

Ditto. Plus all the custom stuff I did to it. Took me a while, and $$ to get it the way I want it. Those fools think I'm gonna drop everything for their buffoonish marketing hype? Hardly. "Deals" only get you so far in life.

OP
OP
JohnnyBandit

JohnnyBandit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ditto. Plus all the custom stuff I did to it. Took me a while, and $$ to get it the way I want it. Those fools think I'm gonna drop everything for their buffoonish marketing hype? Hardly. "Deals" only get you so far in life.

Dealers here are SHORT on trucks.... So it seems they are really trying to scoop up late model used to flip their buyers to...

The only reason I have not switched tires yet is the exact tire/size I want is on back order. The tires on the truck are good... And aside from one incident that different tires would not have helped me with, I have had zero issues off road.

I am waiting on the tires I want versus buying something now.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my buddy sold his 2020 Duramax to northwest motor sports for $10,000 more than he paid for it and more than the original msrp. they came to his house and gave him a check on the spot.

lincoln125

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My local dealership has offered me $50 grand for my 2018 Power Wagon. They just want to buy it outright because I am not in the market to buy if I sell. Seriously thinking about it.

Bowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Sold off the '18...maybe another soon.
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just posted this another thread that touched on the subject...

I've been getting a hard pull to sell my much loved 2018 the last couple of months. Love my truck but many competing priorities. And, just started a new job and wouldn't you know it, I got a company car in the driveway now to push me even harder.

Just ran detail thru Vroom and Carvana (and got an offer some 15% higher from Vroom so far).
For Reference: 2018 4x4 4 Dr 5'7" Bed with Hemi w/ 59,075 miles; $24,798 from Carvana and $28,938 from Vroom near Houston are the first tentative offers.

Anyone else with experience selling to Vroom or Carvana?

10 Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a letter 3 weeks ago for an "Unprecedented Offer" for my 2007. First time I got one of those in....years.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
When I put my '17 3500 Laramie dually up for sale I had a dealer from WI buy it outright from me in January for $50,000. I paid for $60,000 for it when I bought it. Had 51,000+ miles on it.
Then he had to pay to have it shipped from NJ to WI on top of that.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just posted this another thread that touched on the subject...

I've been getting a hard pull to sell my much loved 2018 the last couple of months. Love my truck but many competing priorities. And, just started a new job and wouldn't you know it, I got a company car in the driveway now to push me even harder.

Just ran detail thru Vroom and Carvana (and got an offer some 15% higher from Vroom so far).
For Reference: 2018 4x4 4 Dr 5'7" Bed with Hemi w/ 59,075 miles; $24,798 from Carvana and $28,938 from Vroom near Houston are the first tentative offers.

Anyone else with experience selling to Vroom or Carvana?
Sold my Challenger to Carvana last summer. They came with a flatbed and a check and we were done in all of 20-30 minutes. I went straight to the bank and deposited the check with no issues.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I get those offers too but a cpl. weeks ago carmax and carvana both offered me more than I paid for my '19 laramie when new. doesnt matter because replacing mine with a new one would also cost more..so I am hanging on till the wave of backlogged dealer orders show up and the dealers need to move em.