Any of y'all getting offers to buy your late model trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I get the dealer ship calling al the time they say they will pay top dollar for my truck .I tell them I don't want to sell my truck because it getting close to how I want it but if they trade straight for a new pw ok .my truck is paid off I tell them I will never take on that much again 1300 month for 5 years. it was no problem when things were good . but as soon as **** hit the fan not so much in Alberta the name Truedeu is slang for *******

Tmcb2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cumins
I had a 2019 RAM 2500 gasser. Dealer offered me 4K above what I paid for it. Swapped for a 2021 diesel and received 12k off invoice.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12k off invoice?!?! Sounds like you meant MSRP...if not they must have paid you to trade up 2 years

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
Not with my brand new Ram..... but my daughter's 2019 Frontier? Yes. The Chrysler/Ram/Dodge/Jeep/used Whatever lot where we got it (used) 18 months ago has been e-mailing offers. They also own a Nissan/Subaru dealer where we take the Frontier for service. They also have a Chevy/GMC/Buick dealership. All within a mile of each other.

These guys really, really, really wants to buy the Frontier. We've both gotten nice cash offers from each them. Conditional on mileage and condition.

I drive by them a couple of times a month. The last time I did so, I didn't see any smaller pickups. None. And no Rangers at the competing Ford dealer. There is obviously a pickup shortage around here.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
If its a pickup without rust, with 4wd, and is less than 4 years old, it can be sold at a profit.

Good luck finding one to buy tho'.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2018 2500 cc 4x4 Tradesman. Had one offer for a significant amount above my original MSRP and way above what I paid new. With less than 7k miles and been garaged since new it looks like the day I drove it home. But I have no intention of selling. I would to buy something and I would over pay for that. I will just keep enjoying it.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
Well, yesterday I would have said "NO", but then an e mail showed up this morning. LOL

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Literally just bought my 2020 2500 two weeks ago and already have an offer from a local dealer to buy it for $2k more than I paid. Unfortunately they have nothing to replace it with, so. Unless a dealer wants to sell me a 2021 for a smokin deal I'll be keeping my truck.

b-real

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Literally just bought my 2020 2500 two weeks ago and already have an offer from a local dealer to buy it for $2k more than I paid. Unfortunately they have nothing to replace it with, so. Unless a dealer wants to sell me a 2021 for a smokin deal I'll be keeping my truck.
This. When its a great time to sell it is also a terrible time to buy, and right now with the shortages you would have to be alright without a truck for a while. On the fleet side I can't even order a 1500 at the moment.

RD Holland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see lots of Rams on the lot where I live. Many have deals listed on the windshield. I think I saw one of those "0% financing" on some of them.

I just went to Landers Mclarty Dodge/Ram of Huntsville, Al. and found about 40 trucks, some of which have the 0% for 72 months ad plastered on the windshield.

OP
OP
JohnnyBandit

JohnnyBandit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actual number of trucks on the lot of a particular dealer is relative.

Example. Brandon Ford in Brandon/Tampa Florida shows 270 new F150's in Inventory.
They usually have over 500. And the more desirable for personal vehicles are very low.
Only two King Ranches and both are 2wd. One Platinum

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Actual number of trucks on the lot of a particular dealer is relative.

Example. Brandon Ford in Brandon/Tampa Florida shows 270 new F150's in Inventory.
They usually have over 500. And the more desirable for personal vehicles are very low.
Only two King Ranches and both are 2wd. One Platinum

It's the same with Ram's. Couple dealers around me that have a ton of trucks on the lot. It's a shame that they're all Tradesman's or stripped down Bighorn's.

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
Not with my brand new Ram..... but my daughter's 2019 Frontier? Yes. The Chrysler/Ram/Dodge/Jeep/used Whatever lot where we got it (used) 18 months ago has been e-mailing offers. They also own a Nissan/Subaru dealer where we take the Frontier for service. They also have a Chevy/GMC/Buick dealership. All within a mile of each other.

These guys really, really, really wants to buy the Frontier. We've both gotten nice cash offers from each them. Conditional on mileage and condition.

I drive by them a couple of times a month. The last time I did so, I didn't see any smaller pickups. None. And no Rangers at the competing Ford dealer. There is obviously a pickup shortage around here.

Chip shortage. Can't build them without all the parts. It was on the news.
https://www.barrons.com/articles/us...er-record-blame-the-chip-shortage-51620408692