any one try replacing a windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mumbles84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
i have seen windshields replaced several times how hard is it most of them were replaced in less than a hour i have allways paid the extra money to have some one else do it now that i dont have a challanging i job look for challanging projects all the time should this be one i leave to the pros. i was a diesel mechanic for 8yrs so i know how to clean and prep a surface for sealing in the worst conditions any have some suggestions im all ears?

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
If u can remove one w/o busting it go ahead lol......iv heard of getting a strong wire or fishing line and using it to cut the seal. But lol i just let the local dump truck company replace mine. ( rock busted mine off a truck)

OP
OP
mumbles84

mumbles84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
i think the bottom is the worst part to cut looks like it might take an expensive tool so it might better off for a pro

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Two man job on these Rams. I had a pro come to my house to install a new windshield and no way he had the reach to place the windshield in place by himself, I had to help him. I also remember telling myself this is in no way a DIY job.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I paid to have mine done.

OP
OP
mumbles84

mumbles84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
i dished out the 250 the guy had it done less than an hour . got alot rain the next day found water in my head liner compartment probally cab light gonna pull it down and check it.

fonzyn75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
idk if you have glass coverage but i had mine replaced after a branch fell on it and it didnt cost me a thing, i think its an extra 10$ a month

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's why I love Florida...as long as you have full coverage, windshield replacements are a no deductible repair...just call the glass guy out, let him do his job and they do all the paperwork.

slamram13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9 magnum
I'm a glass guy I set these trucks by my self all day ......but I was also put through training and I'm licence to do it. If I didn't do if for a living I would leave it to a pro