Any reason to carry the key around?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floyd1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The key in the fob is useless if you somehow lock the fob in the vehicle. It would make more sense to have an all metal key made that you keep in your wallet. Use a Y157 blank.
On both Rams 2019-2500
2020- 1500
If you leave the fob on the center console, try to lock button on door the doors will not lock

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
narrow the head then tape into the wiring some place you can get to when needed

PNW-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
I put a spare key and $100 in cash inside my receiver hitch, in a waterproof box, in a bag. I use a hitch pin with a combination.
You can't tell by looking at it.

Joe McManus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If you throw your golf bag with your remote/key in the bag pocket in the bed with a tonneau cover and the tailgate locks, you'll wish you had a key on you. Bet you can guess how I know and I carry a key in my wallet.
This happened to me 2x after golfing with the same group of guys. Of course they laughed at me. It happened a 3rd time after I threw a backpack holding my keys in the bed and closed it. Each time I considered ripping the tonneau cover off or smashing a window. 3x was enough.

I bought this hitchsafe lockbox and keep my spare analog key in it. Now I can only lock myself out if I'm towing a trailer.