any reccomendations for smoked headlights/bulbs(leds) for 04 ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
looking to replace my smoked headlights.i bought a pair a little more than 12 mo. ago and they look like ****.there is this yellow crust peeling off and i have my doubts about cleaning them up.im not even sure if the peeling is the tint itself or what.these were made by spyder.i forget what i pd. but it was without a doubt too much.12 freakin months!just looking for reg. smoked headlights,no halos,projectors or any of that crazy ****,just stock headligts that are smoked.i dont know if it was the sun or the heat from the bulb that caused this but i was thinking of putting leds in to cut back on the heat in case that s what caused it,just plug and play.i dont want to break the bank but i dont want to replace my headlights every yr. either if that is possible.any help here would be greatly appreciated

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I picked up some smoked headlights and tail lights on Ebay for $112.00 complete set with free shipping out of California. The headlights came with halogen bulbs and tungsten turn signals, while the tail lights require you to use your existing bulb array. I swapped out the halogen bulbs with some $20.00 LEDs (9007/HB5) also off the bay that were plug and play. I've been getting a lot of cool comments on the look and they work great. I swapped out all the turn, brake, and running lights with LEDs too, but I had to install resistors in them. Without resisters the brake lights blinked like an emergency vehicle (cool but not legal). I'm old, as you can tell by my profile, but it still makes me smile when a young lady says I have a sexy truck. I don't know how long these will last, but for now I really like them.

Here's the item # if you're interested=143453593038
They have other sets also.

Last edited:

Eddie S

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I picked up some smoked headlights and tail lights on Ebay for $112.00 complete set with free shipping out of California. The headlights came with halogen bulbs and tungsten turn signals, while the tail lights require you to use your existing bulb array. I swapped out the halogen bulbs with some $20.00 LEDs (9007/HB5) also off the bay that were plug and play. I've been getting a lot of cool comments on the look and they work great. I swapped out all the turn, brake, and running lights with LEDs too, but I had to install resistors in them. Without resisters the brake lights blinked like an emergency vehicle (cool but not legal). I'm old, as you can tell by my profile, but it still makes me smile when a young lady says I have a sexy truck. I don't know how long these will last, but for now I really like them.

Here's the item # if you're interested=143453593038
They have other sets also.

What do the young ladies say when you quote the wrong EBAY item number.... you sexy truck owner you!