Any updates on the bed step yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Wolverton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sure seems to be taking a while. No excuses RAM, where's my replacement bed step?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
How long have you been waiting ? It sucks when they take forever to get parts

JeffN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my truck went into the body shop on July 5th for collision repair. I should get it back this week. The delay was due to parts availability. Covid has really screwed up supply chains.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Is this the step that was defective and they recalled? If so, given the current situation we are in and the fact that they would have to re-design it, source, and produce it it may be a long long time? Wonder if you could convince them to reimburse you for a amp step? They were doing that for a while on the drag links.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have the fold up step but it is aftermarket Bestop Brand so far no issues after 3 Maine winters
!

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Have you called your dealer for an ETA? Sounds like they're starting to install them out here in CO.

OP
OP
Mark Wolverton

Mark Wolverton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you called your dealer for an ETA? Sounds like they're starting to install them out here in CO.
I talked to them today, and apparently they still haven't gotten notice for mine yet. I even offered to just buy the parts and put them on myself, because once snowmobile season hits, I want that step mounted one way or another.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Slightly different situation for me as I ordered my truck just before the recall hit - so I never had it but paid for it...

@RamCares can chime in, but in my case I was supposed to have received a voucher once they become available. Last I talked to someone there they said they would be mailing the voucher in November. I took delivery of my truck in April of this year btw.

OA

OP
OP
Mark Wolverton

Mark Wolverton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slightly different situation for me as I ordered my truck just before the recall hit - so I never had it but paid for it...

@RamCares can chime in, but in my case I was supposed to have received a voucher once they become available. Last I talked to someone there they said they would be mailing the voucher in November. I took delivery of my truck in April of this year btw.

OA
Sure seems like a long time for a fairly straightforward mechanical contraption!?

leroyg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi Gas
2019 2500 6.4 Laramie called dealer in South Texas and they had the necessary parts to
upgrade my step. Took longer than I expected (2 hours and I was first in Line) yet took
a look at new bracket and it seems well designed.