Any way to body drop without cutting and custom fabrication?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Perhaps a lower profile body mount bushing or whatever like the opposite of a body lift?

Just wondering if it's at all possible, and if so, would it net an inch or so?

Sent from my magic 5-inch

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I mean you probably could cut the bushing between body and frame but all that work for like 1/4 of an inch is not worth it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You can do a 2/4 drop with little to no custom fabrication. Just buy a kit. Spindle drop with a flip kit in the rear, only fab work is welding the new under axle perches into place after the install. Tried and tested method. A body drop would ruin the ride (no room for the body to flex at the mounts and you would loose the cushion effect of the rubber body mounts) and really wouldn't even be worth the effort IMO.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Can't trim the stock ones?

bruh-really-tho.jpg

there is so much more to a body drop than the cab mounts, the bed is metal to metal, bumpers have to be lowered, motor is technically raised in the engine bay, clearances, and so much more...

NO ITS NOT A SIMPLE PROCESS that can be done without tons of modification

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
not to mention the cab mounts you have are part of what helps you have the comfortable ride you have

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Like i have told you 100 times now in all your PMs, dont over think this, you dont pull your motor to change your oil, no need to body drop to lower your truck an inch or so....

the term "body drop" shouldnt come out of your mouth unless your frame is touching the ground...

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Like i have told you 100 times now in all your PMs, dont over think this, you dont pull your motor to change your oil, no need to body drop to lower your truck an inch or so....

I'm just looking for a way to cheat the system. I want monotube shocks. Only way to get that is stock length bilstein 4600's. Only way to fit those and lower it is with a 2/4 spindle kit and shock extensions.

Not to mention a 2/4 will clear curbs and stuff on the lowest parts of the truck, while a 3/5 won't, but I kinda still want the 3/5 look. Hence my idea to ask about a reverse body lift to go on a 2/4 suspension drop.

Still clears ****. Can still get the monotube shocks. Makes it look just a bit lower. Perfect.

But it can't happen. So fine. I know 100% without a doubt what I have to go with, or what I have to sacrifice otherwise.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Would that be with, or without a frame-z? :anitoof:

if someone is talking body drop then they already have a Z, but lucklly once you do a Z on a ram and relocated some brackets and bracing, the truck is damn near almost bodied

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm just looking for a way to cheat the system. I want monotube shocks. Only way to get that is stock length bilstein 4600's. Only way to fit those and lower it is with a 2/4 spindle kit and shock extensions.

WTF you talking bout Willis??? I ran Bilstien 4600s on my truck when it was stock height and with the 2/4 drop. I run 5100s now since the suspension place I got them from was able to get custom cut 5100s for the rear so I could eliminate the drop bracket on the axle for the shocks.

Not to mention a 2/4 will clear curbs and stuff on the lowest parts of the truck, while a 3/5 won't, but I kinda still want the 3/5 look. Hence my idea to ask about a reverse body lift to go on a 2/4 suspension drop.

Still clears ****. Can still get the monotube shocks. Makes it look just a bit lower. Perfect.

But it can't happen. So fine. I know 100% without a doubt what I have to go with, or what I have to sacrifice otherwise.

I don't know where you come up with these ideas or get half of your information but you need to stop and listen to the people that have done this **** before and are giving you sound advice that you apparently don't want to hear or are just flat out ignoring (aka Demon-Hemi).

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
I don't know where you come up with these ideas or get half of your information but you need to stop and listen to the people that have done this **** before and are giving you sound advice that you apparently don't want to hear or are just flat out ignoring (aka Demon-Hemi).

What ideas? What information? I didn't know this, so I asked. The only information I supplied was that I took ground clearance measurements and estimated for a 3/5 drop with a smaller tire, and it wouldn't clear the gas tank over a parking hump. Which I want it to do in case I need to go over a median or otherwise **** of a dangerous situation.

And Demon kept saying "don't get custom cut 5100's" in the PM's when I brought all that up, so don't assume to know everything that's going on.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Demon kept saying "don't get custom cut 5100's" in the PM's when I brought all that up, so don't assume to know everything that's going on.

Demon said that because at the time it was relevant to what you were saying, mind you in our PMs you have gone about a dozen different directions on what you want to do with your truck, so you can say "demon" said alot of things but all of the things said were relevant to what direction you were going in your mind in each PM...

Make sure you clarify when you specify the advice i give before making it out like i gave bad advice

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
You need shocks to fit your planned application, when i told you dont worry about custom cut shocks it was because you were talking about a normal drop on budget, which with a 2/4 and a 3/5 drop you dont NEED to do shocks if you're doing a budget drop

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
You need shocks to fit your planned application, when i told you dont worry about custom cut shocks it was because you were talking about a normal drop on budget, which with a 2/4 and a 3/5 drop you dont NEED to do shocks if you're doing a budget drop
Oh. Okay then. Well, either way, according to my calcs, 3/5 still won't clear the obstacles I want it to. I guess I'll stick to my original plan and do the spring drop and flip 2/4 and re-measure before deciding to stick with it or go lower and then order shocks later with that in mind.

Of course, all of THIS will happen months from now. As I said, I was just trying to find a way to do x thing I want without having to worry about problem y.

Speaking of which...?

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I haven't seen this done beforr so I'll throw it out as an alternative.
Rear flip kit
Front 2" drop spindle and coilovers. Makes it easy to adjust height.
20180307_125543.jpg 20170423_133715.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobram1500