Any way to have all headlights/fogs on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sobrbiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
My 02 2500 Sport has aftermarket projector beam headlights installed by previous owner (with wiring cut and cobbled on high lead, adapters plugged in for low beam HID), and they are horrible (bluish color with poor output/visibility, and high halogen can’t be aimed).

I’ve installed replacement fogs, and have a set of aftermarket sport buckets, lenses and new plugs for high sides on the way.

Is there any way to modify electrical to get all beams and fogs to run at same time? It’s a daily driver/hunting rig and I don’t want to add a bunch of light bars but need the best light output I can get-having the fogs on with all headlights would be great, as I’ve got them shimmed in number to cast to ditch…

cms1528

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A number of years ago I owned a Chevy Suburban and someone gave me an aftermarket bypass device that I could install so that when I turned my high beams on the low beams stayed on as well. Sorry, not much help without a product name but search the after market for a bypass device.

2manycars

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
They're used to be something called a Brite Box that did that did that. I used it on older dodges, it's a company out of California

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you should be able to make that change with AlphaODB. I think it is called fog light drop out.

OP
OP
sobrbiker

sobrbiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
From what I’ve seen the BriteBox is for converting single bulbs to sport quads…
They're used to be something called a Brite Box that did that did that. I used it on older dodges, it's a company out of California

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you should be able to make that change with AlphaODB. I think it is called fog light drop out.
Not possible with that year truck.

May not be a bad idea to replace the headlights to better headlights or at least replace the hid bulb to a 4k or 5k instead of the 8 or 10k that may be in it. The blue color is terrible for road visibility. 3500 to 4k is roughly the best color range for human eyesight. 5k appears brighter at times but drowns out in rain or snow more than 3500-4k does.

OP
OP
sobrbiker

sobrbiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
Thanks, I am replacing what’s in with stock quad lights as it had originally.
For the lights I just need to know which wires go where to the connectors, I have a wiring diagram but just looking at them fries my brain…

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
My 02 2500 Sport has aftermarket projector beam headlights installed by previous owner (with wiring cut and cobbled on high lead, adapters plugged in for low beam HID), and they are horrible (bluish color with poor output/visibility, and high halogen can’t be aimed).

I’ve installed replacement fogs, and have a set of aftermarket sport buckets, lenses and new plugs for high sides on the way.

Is there any way to modify electrical to get all beams and fogs to run at same time? It’s a daily driver/hunting rig and I don’t want to add a bunch of light bars but need the best light output I can get-having the fogs on with all headlights would be great, as I’ve got them shimmed in number to cast to ditch…
Check this thread out ... might be what you are looking for

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I am replacing what’s in with stock quad lights as it had originally.
For the lights I just need to know which wires go where to the connectors, I have a wiring diagram but just looking at them fries my brain…
Any chance there is a junkyard by you? A few times I just cut off the connectors with a 6” pigtail and b u t t crimped it on in place of the failed connector on older vehicles and best part was no thinking needed since it was color for color

Doughboy43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine didn't come with fog lights so I added factory replacement style lights in the original location and tapped into the parking light wire that was hot when the switch is pulled out and now they are on anytime I have the switch pulled out, works great.

CaptainBrian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
AEV (American Expedition Vehicles) has a programmer called ProCal. I got one from them and programmed the high beam/fog light cutout out of my life for good. The 2018 requires the installation of an additional adapter but the whole process took about an hour. The ProCal can also do speedometer/gearing/transmission shift point recalibration for larger tires, change TPM points for running lower tire pressures, etc. Worth every penny. Now with GTR Lighting Ultra 2 LEDs in the fog lights I doubt I’ll ever see a need for further aux lighting.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, manually hold the dimmer witch back with bright's on and the driving (fog) lights will stay on at the same time.
I have LED's, this is how I blind the shid out of arses that drive with their brights on all the time in on-coming trafic.
Get's their attention real quick!