anybody know how to reboot audio system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

limechallenger

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 4x4 Sport regular cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
I read somewhere that i can reboot my audio system and can't seem to find it again! I'm having issues with my 2014 Ram . The USB and SD readers seem to recognise multiple files. I have 419 songs on a usb flash drive ,but my stereo shows I have 986! I look at the list and it shows the same song multiple times! I want to reboot my system to see if it helps! dealership claims they did a re-flash but the problem is still there! I'm gonna try to move files to a different flash drive, but would like to reboot also!

NoveskeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab Short Bed Copperhead Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Im my 2013, with ignition on run, I could hold down the hot & cold buttons for several seconds as in the linked video to access the engineering menu. Scroll down and select reset factory defaults and wait until it reboots. The GPS & Alpine system can take a few hours to resume normal operation.

Last edited:

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another option would be to disconnect the battery for an hour or so. I’d try the above method first.