Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody use these ceramic spray,s

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Simpleman, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Roux2015

Roux2015 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Turtle wax Ceramic Polish and Wax. I am pretty sure the black acrylic version is specific for black vehicles only.

I am getting ready to try this stuff out. After the polish I may do a topper with the TW Ceramic Coating. Or should it say "Ceramic" Coating. Joking aside I hope to get 4-6 months out of it. We shall see.

https://www.turtlewax.com/en-us/our...rtle-wax-hybrid-solutions-ceramic-polish-wax/

2. Crawgator

Crawgator Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    Used CMX mde by Mothers for the first time last week. Easy to prep and easy to apply. Looks great. IMG_2387.JPG IMG_2391.JPG

Burla likes this.
  3. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac There's no education in the second kick of a mule. Military

Ram Year:
    2018 1500 Laramie
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoBurner
    I generally push the little button that says "wax" when I'm at the pay and spray and it looks awesome!

Rken1288 likes this.
  4. Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    The one for black works well with dark blue as weel. They also have just a ceramic polish without pigmentation.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

5. MoPowered

MoPowered Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I’ve used a host of different polishes, waxes, sealers and I’ve found the best to be from esoteric car care and their Kamikaze line of products but it’s pricey.
    If you want an excellent fair priced products Wolfgang’s does it all and (Amazon) Turtle Wax Ice series.
    Don’t forget a good de-ionizer, and a clay before using as it will seal the grime and Iron deposits within the ceramic coating if not clean. Use a plastic sandwhich baggie on your hand, it’s the easiness way to feel contaniments on your paint. If it’s rough and draggy, clay it. Make sure the Ceramic coating goes on even any ghosting like oil smears need to be corrected before drying. You can fix it by apply more product on your pad and going over it to knock it back down into the paint. And always, always use clean micro fiber towels. I never use the same one twice. Once used to go to shop rags not vehicle detail.

6. Burla

Burla Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi
    These are real durable, I am quite surprised. Some of the guys got me on griots 3 in 1, really bead a long time. I would just say traditional aio plus a topper seams to have a thicker coat, maybe not as durable dunno really. They are so easy to use and really bead a long time, I would just strapy the truck down after every wash, keep it shiney.

Roux2015 likes this.