Anybody want to loan me $40,000 lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've been thinking of swapping out to the 6.4 SRT in my truck, but only if it goes on sale again for several thousand off like it did not too long ago.

I'd have to get a shop to install it so it would get pricey without being on sale.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yeah, and that’s only the beginning. Next you’ll need the trans to back it up. Then the DS…
At that power level you're looking at a high dollar Sipple built 90 at least,or swapping it over to a GM turbo 400,those are givens.Even Ma Mopar knows the 8 speeds won't live very long behind the high horse cars,that's why the 354 supercharged Drag Pac cars come with a GM based Turbo 400

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I've been thinking of swapping out to the 6.4 SRT in my truck, but only if it goes on sale again for several thousand off like it did not too long ago.

I'd have to get a shop to install it so it would get pricey without being on sale.
I did it, quite simple to do. Nice power boost. Reccomend saving a few dollars for a rear locker and hd cv axles. First week I had the engine swapped I snapped my rear spiders in half and I went through two sets of cv axles before I swapped to cardone hd. It's fun beating the duramaxes ans seeing their faces Hahaha!

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Uhfortunately, we are now on the same path and our money will soon be as worthless as theirs.

I'm in Canada like Wild One, that's why I was making the joke.

I make sure I have both currencies, as I travel to the US often. Right now it's 1.35, hope it gets closer soon :)
Bad for Canadian exports, good for buying US products and Traveling.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

I doubt we'll see the 6.4 long blocks on sale again. Last year at this time you could buy a brand new long block 6.4 for $5,000 Canuck,a guy should of bought every one he could of got his hands on,aarrgghh,lol

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I did it, quite simple to do. Nice power boost. Reccomend saving a few dollars for a rear locker and hd cv axles. First week I had the engine swapped I snapped my rear spiders in half and I went through two sets of cv axles before I swapped to cardone hd. It's fun beating the duramaxes ans seeing their faces Hahaha!

Nice, I'm kind of jealous. Did you write up the process/experience at all here on RF somewhere? Is it pretty much "plug and play" even for 5th gens? I thought these new trucks were locked down pretty tight in terms of encrypted bus etc.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I doubt we'll see the 6.4 long blocks on sale again. Last year at this time you could buy a brand new long block 6.4 for $5,000 Canuck,a guy should of bought every one he could of got his hands on,aarrgghh,lol

Maybe a parting gift from mopar right before they shut down production. A guy can hope.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Nice, I'm kind of jealous. Did you write up the process/experience at all here on RF somewhere? Is it pretty much "plug and play" even for 5th gens? I thought these new trucks were locked down pretty tight in terms of encrypted bus etc.
I did a bit of a write up somewhere on here awhyle back. I lost all my important stuff when they dropped Tapatalk support so I dont know where it is now. Once you have the unlock harness I'm pretty sure you can tune and access it like the 4th Gen's. The swap would probly be the exact same as the trans and engines arent changed for the new body as far as I know. Dodge hasn't fixed the hemi tick in 20 years so i doubt they'll re-design anything but the body