Anyone added the aux switches to a 4th Gen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So the last time I was at the service counter I inquired as to upgrading my Bighorn with the aux switch panel that goes in the center stack. The kid at the parts counter told me that it couldn't be done, because my existing panel has the switches for the heated seats and steering wheel where the aux switches would go and there was no way to blank those or remove them.

He said someone with electrical skills could probably bypass those, but it would require basically a new wiring harness in the dash and through the firewall to get to the fusebox under the hood, and that I would be better off just fabricating a custom switch bracket to mount under the dash.

So has anyone managed to upfit one of those switch panels into their truck?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I swear someone had a write up on this.

OP
OP
Big Terry

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I can't for the life of me remember seeing it. I'll search.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Once the winter is over I'm gonna try to tackle this. I already bought the ram switches and a RC mlc-6 (knock off of an spod) gonna try to mate the switch panel to the mlc-6

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
This guy has 3 videos on it if you can handle hearing "hot damn" a million times lmao my setup will be pretty familiar to his but with a low voltage cutoff built in

Larry D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
4th Gen Ram Electronics on Facebook. I ordered the kit, it got here when he said it would, and installed yesterday. He builds the kit for you. New switch panel, relay/fuse box, and wiring harness. Quality stuff and a great guy. Very easy install.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
4th Gen Ram Electronics on Facebook. I ordered the kit, it got here when he said it would, and installed yesterday. He builds the kit for you. New switch panel, relay/fuse box, and wiring harness. Quality stuff and a great guy. Very easy install.

What was the cost of the kit? I’ve been looking at doing this.

Larry D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
275 shipped. Contact through facebook page. Got mine installed this weekend. Works like a charm. AlfaOBD is a big help also.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 4th gen ram electronics switch setup. Been installed for 6 months now and is well worth the money IMO!!
Sorry about the crappy video, Im no expert lol

OP
OP
Big Terry

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
if it wasnt for the facebook only ordering i might just do it.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Every one seems to be happy with his service. And you pay with PayPal, which means no hassle returns if you’re not happy. No connection, just saying.

OP
OP
Big Terry

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Every one seems to be happy with his service. And you pay with PayPal, which means no hassle returns if you’re not happy. No connection, just saying.
If I recall (because I did look once before), I was unable to contact him or order, without a facebook account.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm looking at the panel and aux 1-5 are where the seat heaters, seat ventilation and heating steering wheel buttons are if so equipped so the parts guy may have been correct. If you have a loaded truck then all the spots for buttons are used already.the double height spot to the left of the traction control i believe is for the air ride so maybe you could get a custom one with 2 switches that go there.

OP
OP
Big Terry

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm looking at the panel and aux 1-5 are where the seat heaters, seat ventilation and heating steering wheel buttons are if so equipped so the parts guy may have been correct. If you have a loaded truck then all the spots for buttons are used already.the double height spot to the left of the traction control i believe is for the air ride so maybe you could get a custom one with 2 switches that go there.
yeah thats correct. i was willing to just dump the buttons for them, because i can control the seat heat and steering wheel heat from the uconnect. dont really need the redundancy.

LabRatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I too dont do the "book" but made a account for a waterproof relay setup and then this aftermarket oem aux switch setup.....WELL worth it

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I don't do FB either. Too many people in my s*** as it is.
I had someone messenger him for me and he gave a cell in the response. He's working on a website that's to launch sometime in January I believe he said. We texted a couple times and finally spoke on the phone to get the final details. Old school I know but it works for me. I cannot find the cell number but his name is Ben and his email is cheetah993atgmaildotcom. Great straight up guy and a good product. The $275 incl's the switch bank. Tell him the combo you need and he'll source it for you and ship it all together. Install was a piece of cake! Used Alpha to provision but on my '14 I do not see options in the EVIC nor on the 8.4. It's just set it and forget it anyway so no harm no foul.
I too use the 8.4 to control my seats now and don't miss the bottom row of hard buttons one bit.

Aux1.jpg

Aux2.jpg