Anyone Deleted their EcoDiesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
My guy was suggesting I should do it at some point because the EGR cooler is going to break at some point, he said it's not if but when it will break. If some of you guys have what kit did you use and did you get better fuel mileage? Any info would be great

drozek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I wouldn't touch it until the settlement is a done deal

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
GO to the Ram ED forum here and inquire. All sorts of info on there on deleting. But they R correct in stating U may want to wait till FCA emission done. But U have a 2017, and I do not think THAT year is included as they were held up till EPA and CARB were happy.

OK, I checked and the FCA EPA settlement is for 2014-2016, does not include your 2017 year model, so yer choice...

https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/forum.php?s=a116e368405a3166b000da427731b236

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
2017 year is after the dates included in the settlement. I tuned and deleted my 2017 and haven’t looked back. I did not buy an EGR delete kit yet, however the tune turns it off, but it still is possible to get a leak there somehow or something. Anyhow, there’s lots of info on other forums about it. We are still trying to build up our info here with things of that nature

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup, the EGR gets turned off but the fluid and stuff still running through. U have to do a stage 2 and remove and put on block plates, why I included the ED Forum URL in my post #4, all the info in there on deletes, stage 1, stage 2 etc (ie., I came from an ED), just saying

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Call GDE and discuss your avenue of options. The internet has been touch and go with manufacturers since the settlement came about. Since your 17 isn't included in the settlement the sooner the better to get that egr off. There's a few ways to go about this as previously mentioned, but gde is the tuner to go to. They'll get you pointed in the right direction.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

B2116P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
2017 year is after the dates included in the settlement. I tuned and deleted my 2017 and haven’t looked back. I did not buy an EGR delete kit yet, however the tune turns it off, but it still is possible to get a leak there somehow or something. Anyhow, there’s lots of info on other forums about it. We are still trying to build up our info here with things of that nature

I just ordered everything to do a full delete on my 17. If anyone is like me, they heard to delete and that it is better for your engine, mpg, etc. Being new to diesels, I never really understood why or how all of this stuff works. I found a video that does a good job of explaining all of the components and how they work. It made me finally understand so hopefully it helps other people as well.

Here is the video

NO ECO DELETE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Just in case none of you have heard about us yet. Check out Noecodelete.com for complete kits. These parts eliminate the issues that people have had with leaks from other lesser products.

beezecodeez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 L Ecodiesel
I just ordered everything to do a full delete on my 17. If anyone is like me, they heard to delete and that it is better for your engine, mpg, etc. Being new to diesels, I never really understood why or how all of this stuff works. I found a video that does a good job of explaining all of the components and how they work. It made me finally understand so hopefully it helps other people as well.

Here is the video
What full delete did you order and how is your ecodiesel holding up?

beezecodeez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 L Ecodiesel
I have a 2018 ram 1500 ecodiesel.
My engine light just kicked on - Diesel injection pump is what code read.
Out of curiousity , would a delete/tune help me with any of these issues?
Im hearing alot of horror stories about not even a dealer knowing the right way to fix these things, Dodge not having accountability, and essentially alot of money getting thrown at ecoD's.
Theres also a worry about metal chips getting pushed thru the lines once pump goes out? Apparently these work at thousand of PSI higher than other engines... This is all what im hearing from mechanics ive bugged today.
but i've got 94k, and no i didnt get ext warranty and powertrain apparently ended at 60k. When i took it in for "Transmission heater block" replacement, they told me that that part was not under the powertrain warranty, but since its connected to a powertrain component - would void the warranty, which to me sounds like a bunch of BS.
Wish i could tune/delete it and it solve the "surging" and other minor issues the truck has been having... But i dont think it would address the engine light/diesel injection pump. At this point doesnt sound like theyll hold up the warranty anyway, so no worry there.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If it's still running, chances are it has to do with the pump in the tank or the associated pressure sensor(s) for the fuel system. If the High Pressure Fuel Pump pukes the truck doesn't run for long. The HPFP does get close to 30K psi.
Deleting the emissions and EGR won't help.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963