Anyone Else Experiencing Water Leaks In Their New RAM ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony Kalos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’ve had my 2019 Bighorn DT CrewCab in the shop twice in 3 months for this issue !
First time, dealership resealed the 3rd brake light because they are known to have faulty foam seals.
Second time, I dropped it off last week and it is still waiting for a new “revised” rear sliding window assembly because the interior plastic frame surround was cracked with no reason ! I looked it up on YouTube and others have it happen too and it leaks from the crack !
So, I told the dealership to seal all of the points that could leak and they told me they had a leak on another customers truck from the sharkfin antenna !!! I’m pissed that they cannot build a truck and not properly seal holes in the sheet metal ! I’ve had to run a dehumidifier overnight twice to get the rear seat and carpet to dry out !

I'm I the only one with this problem ?
Y’all better check out your rear window and carpet !

W4RL0CK

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve had my 2019 Bighorn DT CrewCab in the shop twice in 3 months for this issue !
First time, dealership resealed the 3rd brake light because they are known to have faulty foam seals.
Second time, I dropped it off last week and it is still waiting for a new “revised” rear sliding window assembly because the interior plastic frame surround was cracked with no reason ! I looked it up on YouTube and others have it happen too and it leaks from the crack !
So, I told the dealership to seal all of the points that could leak and they told me they had a leak on another customers truck from the sharkfin antenna !!! I’m pissed that they cannot build a truck and not properly seal holes in the sheet metal ! I’ve had to run a dehumidifier overnight twice to get the rear seat and carpet to dry out !

Google this “S1923000026” and it should bring you to some leak info. Hope this helps

Lin19687

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You might want to do a search on here. There are several threads on this subject and fixes.

if/when I get a new one that is the 1st thing I am fixing myself

19Jake

♕ REBEL LIFE ♕
Reaction score
Ram Year
'19 Rebel 12 HK
Engine
15 months...leak free
IMG_20200112_140843089_HDR.jpg

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ram umbrella.jpg
Get one of these....problem solved. :happy160:

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The OP was for people who have the problem. If 90 people do not have the problem and 40 people have had the problem, whose feedback would you care about?
Not really. The original post, the guy asked "am I the only one with this problem?" which invites all kinds of responses, including ones where people say they've had no trouble. That would include me, at least so far :)

Now if he said "Can I hear from other people with water problems" then that would be a different story.

kbrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Never did on my 15 or 19.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jonkellyv8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 eTorque
I have water leak in rear of 2019 1500, new style. Water dripping onto passengers, seat, floor. Dealer re-sealed the 3rd brake light. Leak continued and three more trips to find and replace rear window due to cracked frame (just as others have reported). New rear window installed and still leaks, just not as bad. Two more trips and now believe leak another leak is coming from the antenna. Antenna on order so we will see. The next battle will be over the headliner as there are clearly visible water stains from repeated soakings.

CougarBFMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Yes, on my 2020 Limited with sunroof. I'd posted this in another thread: There was a water leak in the headliner above the driver's head, just ahead of the rear-most microphone. I traced it back to water leaking from a hex washer sheet metal screw that was on the forward half of the left side of the sunroof, screwed up from below through the guide frame for the sunroof. I backed it out, shoved some silicone dielectric grease in there, and then screwed it back in with one extra turn. No issues since.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here this time of the year, With mag chloride on the road she's not going to see any of this crap!!! I'm leak free so far.

Craigg69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Mines in the shop right now for the drivers side A pillar leak.
Was it an air leak on the drivers piller? Mine is doing it and the dealer is saying its the tow mirrors which is bull.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
We have two 2019 Big Horn/Lone Star 1500's in the household and neither has leaked yet. One with sunroof and one without, both with sliding glass rear window and no problem with them either. Have read about it and seems to be a random issue...feel bad for the guys who have this issue as it should never happen.

Eagle2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 5.4

I have this problem. On a 2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman. You’re luckier than me that they were intelligent enough to look for something that I suggested after the first window replacement. It took three new rear windows for them to figure out it was the brake light that I suggested? And a year of back and forth to the dealer. RamCare was useless to me (ignored my calls- ignored the dealer for ages) and to my dealer. Chrysler has FINALLY agreed to replace my headliner after they “steam cleaned” it something like 6 times after it just kept leaking and leaking. It stinks. I unfortunately have just had enough with Dodge. Mine is a sketchy truck unfortunately. 20,000 km the air conditioning needed replacing. Blower motor went. Spent a year with something like a T Rex roar in the cab since the day I bought it new off the lot and just could not diagnose it. Finally figure it was The ANC Module as the noise hasn’t returned. I suggested that as well and was told no, it wasn’t that by the mechanic. And to add to that, I’ve had a leak for a year that has finally been fixed. Really CRAZY UNIMPRESSED with the way I’ve been treated by Dodge. Honestly, the people that I’ve dealt with at the dealer have been kind but prob only because I didn’t make a scene. I finally started calling things like AMVIC and news stations and suddenly they want to replace the headliner. It’s been awful to be honest. I think once I get rid of this truck, I’ll stick with used vehicles. I hope you don’t have the same headache I’ve had since I bought this thing.

Eagle2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 5.4
I have water leak in rear of 2019 1500, new style. Water dripping onto passengers, seat, floor. Dealer re-sealed the 3rd brake light. Leak continued and three more trips to find and replace rear window due to cracked frame (just as others have reported). New rear window installed and still leaks, just not as bad. Two more trips and now believe leak another leak is coming from the antenna. Antenna on order so we will see. The next battle will be over the headliner as there are clearly visible water stains from repeated soakings.
Holy! This is exactly what happened with me! It took a year and 5 or six steam cleans for Chrysler to replace my headliner- (it’s in order right now). They won’t address the airbags and speakers back there. Fight for that headliner! I’ve been so stressed out with this crap truck and crap leaks for over a year now, I wish that I’d never purchased it. What a load of bull. There’s no way they don’t know that the leak is coming from elsewhere. I had the same crack on the molding at the rear window (factory) so we replaced the window two more times and still constantly leaking. Turns out, it’s the brake light. Or you freaking kidding me? I know how you feel though. It’s been awful to purchase a brand new vehicle and have to deal with this. I’ve been back and forth to the dealer constantly for a year. Ridiculous. Don’t bother with Ram Care or for me FCA (Canada). They’re useless and even wouldn’t return my calls and I was always civil with them. My dealer had a hard time even getting in touch with them. Customer service is absolute garbage. Now, I’m trying to figure out if the soaked headliner has affected any of the speakers back there and the airbags. Dodge won’t address that either. Good luck !