I had no idea that the Tow Package Removed Power Folding mirrors and 360 Surround View.

• I had no idea

• I knew it removed features

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bought mine specifically for the tow features as I have a travel trailer to tow. I knew the mirrors were not power folding like the gmc I was trading in but I did not realize how much I would miss the power folding. I have a 9' wide door on my shop/garage and there is only a inch or two of clearance on each side when I pull in or out so I have to be careful. I dont like the split mirror either. I wish it was one piece. the truck tows much better than the 2017 4x4 ccsb sierra I had before, so that is the upside.
This is why i didnt get the tow package but got all the extras like the brake controler seperate. Ill then do like i did with my 16 and get powerfold tow mirrors when they are available aftermarket

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

john94si

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it possible to remove the tow mirrors and put the 360 power ones back on|?

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I do an online truck or car build beforehand so I know what key items require a special package. That is the case with the 38 gallon fuel tank that requires adding a special options package that adds another $2,000 to $4,000 to the price for the truck on top of the cost for the large tank. Adding navigation used to add $800 to the price for a vehicle but now with most cars and trucks it is part of a $4,000 package and often requires a higher trim level which adds another $5,000 to the price for the truck or $9,000 in total for these features.

One thing that is great about the Toyota pickups is that even the lowest trim level has all the safety features of the highest trim level trucks. ALL the Toyota Tundra pickups come with a full tow package which includes a trailer brake controller with controls on the dash and the larger gas tank.

The way that Ram has chosen to bundle everything into very expensive packages resulted in my "building" a Ram Rebel that had a MSRP of $59,000. At that point my enthusiam for a new Ram truck, that was going to cost $15,00 more than a comparable Toyota Tundra, was greatly diminished.

14RamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im glad I came across this thread; losing the folding mirrors and 360 camera would be a definite deal breaker for me.