Anyone Else Hate The Sound Of Their Horn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Yes, of course the sound is bad.

Whats worse though is the delay that occurs - I sometimes press the horn and it only sounds like 1.5 seconds later.

And it's very challenging to just tap it lightly ... It's always beeeep

Krein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I absolutely hate it! It sounds like it should be in a clown car!! I mean it's a 2016 Ram 1500 the horn should sound like it's in a full size truck, not a clown car lol. Anyone else?

You can always get a air horn:waytogo:

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
I hate the horn. Worst part about the truck. It sounds like the horn is inside the cab under the drivers seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm about to replace my stock horn with piaa superior bass set. They are expensive for a non air setup but should sound louder and better than stock and hopefully can still mount in stock location.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Have had my 16 for 2 years, never noticed any issues. Will have to go out and try it.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It works when I push the centre of the steering wheel, sounds like a regular car horn

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I guess it depends of what you are expecting. The horn in my father-in-laws Silverado sounds like the same one the use in a Cruze, at least the RAM horn is fairly loud.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t guess I know how any of the older 4th Gen horns sound but my 18 horn sounds the same as my 08 horn did. Maybe just a teeny tiny bit louder than the 08 but definitely the same sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So what exactly are you using your horn for? If you use it as it's intended, a warning to alert someone to pay attention to you so they don't hit your or get hit by you, it should maybe be used once or twice a year? Now if you use it to draw attention to yourself because you need the attention, well, I'd argue that the clown car horn definitely does that already (Beep Beep...."Where the eff are those clowns coming from?". If you want a loud obnoxious horn just so you can scare the she-ite out of people, well then there are lots of loud obnoxious horn options that permit you to advertise that you are indeed loud and obnoxious. If you really want to be loud and obnoxious, put a Dukes-of-Hazzard Dixie Air horn in, a pair of Confederate Battle Flags flying from the bed, and drive through an urban neighborhood and sound that horn (have a friend film you and post on You-Tube). Have some real fun!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly Im replacing mine because one of the horns (low note) is dead, presumably because I got Fluid Film in it when I sprayed under the truck.

Dont want to bother with trying to get it warrantied because it really is my own stupid fault.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The OEM horns are at best adequate. The real issue is they're not really truck-like. Do they warn someone? Yes. But they do not make it obvious the big @$$ truck bearing down on them is the one doing the warning. This set up sound more like a family sedan or SUV.

At least they don't sound like a ricey little eco-clown car.

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No issues with the sound either, my issue is with the delay and the fact u can't just give a friendly short beep at times to get someones attention to go when light turn green. Now if the ******* in front of u is on his phone when the light turns green, then the horn works fine! It does seem like i have to hit it pretty hard to do anything too.

JimGregory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No issues with the sound either, my issue is with the delay and the fact u can't just give a friendly short beep at times to get someones attention to go when light turn green. Now if the ******* in front of u is on his phone when the light turns green, then the horn works fine! It does seem like i have to hit it pretty hard to do anything too.
This is exactly precisely my issue as well. How do we fix it?