Anyone else think their 4th Gen is a Lemon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well my once reliable air suspension is now no longer. I guess that adds to my list of problems. I'm at about 45,000 miles. Been giving me warnings for the last week and a bit, but this morning it was on the bump stops on the left side and regular height on the right. Says over weight and service air suspension. The truck is not over weight. Couple duffle bags in the back and I remote started it so I wasn't even in it. See how long it's down for. Driving it as is at the moment. No time to deal with it and need it to get to work and back.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep not having any problems. Except I bought my tires while I lived in Arizona and now I live up North... so these excellent tires (for Arizona) aren't especially good for traction on ice :doh2:

Elvira

Reaction score
You have 84000 miles on it, i would think most of the ailments are regular wear and tear at that mileage. I could not be happier with my 2015 Ram, but I only have 35000 miles on it so far too. If you researched before you purchased you would of read about manifold bolts, it happens and it can be fixed....not a big problem compared to other manufacturers. Tires, you cannot complain about those, many scenarios will be in place for wear and tear...bad roads, improper inflation, rotating when you should. The factory SRA's do the job but they also do wear quickly and get worse as they wear, that is common knowledge to most. Your third rear brake light leaking is an easy fix you can accomplish your self, i have seen fords and GM's with worse leaks. I don't think i would call your truck a lemon, superficial problems at those mileage numbers. It could be worse, trans problems, engine problems....Read the forums on GM's and Fords, you will find much worse in some cases. If you have had to align that many times, time to find a reputable shop that will find the problem.

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wouldn't get a Toyota even if someone was to give it to me for free, pay gas, maintenance, insurance and registration fees for the life of the truck. No way no how. Total J-U-N-K. Don't even want to see one in the driveway.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my '16 Ram Sport Blackout edition brand new because I wanted to get the exact truck I wanted. I had leased a '14 Ram just before this and loved it, although it was pretty stripped down. This is the only brand new vehicle I have ever purchased.

Overall the truck does what I ask of it. That being said, for a sticker of $50K, I would have expected a lot more. In the 5 years I have owned the truck and standing at 84K miles, I have been dealing with the following;

- At 1,000 miles or less, the truck started to pull left and never stopped. 5 years later, countless dealer visits, FCA involvement and over 20 alignments later, the stupid pig still pulls left.

- I got the dreaded 'ticking sound' at just over 50K. Turns out it's the manifolds. Both of them. The dealer just told me when I asked them to quote the job - "you really don't want me to even tell you because it won't be worth it. Find an independent shop. The indy wants $2K to fix it.

- I had to fix my third brake light at about 25K. I fixed it myself because of what I read on this forum. Was not worth the dealer putting in the same seal to only have it leak again.

- My second set of tires that I put on at 55K (less than 30K miles) are boloney skins.

- My tie rods are shot.

- My shocks are worn.

- My drivers side door panel handle is pulling away from the panel.

There have been countless other little things that have driven me nuts with this truck. I really thought I would love it way more than my lease with all the bells and whistles and it turns out, I am really starting to despise this oversized sled of steel.

Only upside is the values of trucks are strong right now. Trying to figure out the best way to dump this lemon on a local dealer. One thing is for sure, my next car/truck will not be a Ram or FCA.
I purchased a new Rebel in 16 and it was also a pos. It also pulled to the left so bad when I would step on the throttle ot would pull into the left lane instantly, them pull hard to the right when letting off the throttle.
Them at 1000 miles the engine started to run rough when driving down the road, even with the mds disabled. Them the transmission would slip bad when it shifted from first to second.
After taking the truck to three different dealerships three times each, all they would say is it is normal and couldn't get it to act up for them. So they got it back snd I purchased a 17 sport.