Anyone figure out how to get to the rear roof speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
Has anyone figured out how to access the roof speakers on the Alpine system? I'm in the process of replacing all the speakers and there is very little info on those pesky little things. I assume they are 3.5"...but not sure. Looked all over the internets and couldn't find anything on them or how to get to them.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try these guys they will give you a illustrated parts break down and what to use to install.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is no data for the headliner speakers on Crutchfield, I have already checked.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
There is a shop called five star audio on YouTube that has a 5 part or so breakdown of an aftermarket system install for the 5th gen Ram.

They don't address the rear headliner speakers as they don't use them or the center dash speaker, they just disconnect them from the system. The rest of the information is really good though.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Man, it's weird how little information is available on these headliner speakers.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Man, it's weird how little information is available on these headliner speakers.
The front stage is more important in audio. Some customers don't even do rear fill at all. I can't think of a time those were left connected in any of the trucks I did.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
The front stage is more important in audio. Some customers don't even do rear fill at all. I can't think of a time those were left connected in any of the trucks I did.
Honestly, my 6-speaker system on my old Tradesman that I put Kenwood Excelons in sounds better than this "Alpine" system. In fact, that 6-speaker system is the best stereo system I've ever had in any of my vehicles. Darn near perfect to me. I am not a fan of the "soundstage" effect and subs are just too boomy for my taste. I prefer the natural thumping bass sound of 6X9s.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Honestly, my 6-speaker system on my old Tradesman that I put Kenwood Excelons in sounds better than this "Alpine" system. In fact, that 6-speaker system is the best stereo system I've ever had in any of my vehicles. Darn near perfect to me. I am not a fan of the "soundstage" effect and subs are just too boomy for my taste. I prefer the natural thumping bass sound of 6X9s.
My 2022 has the Alpine system as well. I'd say it is a step up over the stock 6 speaker for my tastes. Has that surround sound in the audio settings, have you tried it on and off to see what you like better?

I put in full custom audio in my trucks, DSP, Amp, speaker upgrades and subs. I prefer the base 6 speaker setup from a cost perspective. I don't feel like I am wasting money on factory premium system when I remove it all.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
My 2022 has the Alpine system as well. I'd say it is a step up over the stock 6 speaker for my tastes. Has that surround sound in the audio settings, have you tried it on and off to see what you like better?

I put in full custom audio in my trucks, DSP, Amp, speaker upgrades and subs. I prefer the base 6 speaker setup from a cost perspective. I don't feel like I am wasting money on factory premium system when I remove it all.
The 6 speaker system was just OK with OEM speakers. When I put the Kenwoods in it completely changed the sound. Ram uses cheap, generic Chinese speakers, even in the "Alpine" system. They are literally unbranded with "China" stamped on the back. They are fine for people who really aren't into stereos. But I was amazed at how much improvement came from simply putting in better speakers.

If you still have all OEM speakers in your "Alpine" system, I recommend changing out just the rear door 6X9s with Infinity Reference. It will make a huge difference.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 6 speaker system was just OK with OEM speakers. When I put the Kenwoods in it completely changed the sound. Ram uses cheap, generic Chinese speakers, even in the "Alpine" system. They are literally unbranded with "China" stamped on the back. They are fine for people who really aren't into stereos. But I was amazed at how much improvement came from simply putting in better speakers.

If you still have all OEM speakers in your "Alpine" system, I recommend changing out just the rear door 6X9s with Infinity Reference. It will make a huge difference.
Did you leave the rest of the stock speakers or have you changed those also?

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Did you leave the rest of the stock speakers or have you changed those also?
The front door speakers are wired for bass only, and do a pretty good job of that. Plus some have reported that they had problems with the noise cancelling system when replacing the front doors...so I left them in there. Replacing the rear doors got rid of the "soundstage" effect and gave it the "surround" sound that I prefer. I also swapped out the two corner dash speakers, but it didn't make as dramatic a change as the rear doors did. I'd recommend just doing the rear doors to start with.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just for reference - I currently have the same speaker setup as FL-RAM and I'm actually happy with it so far. I've only replaced the front dash left and right speakers but will be changing out the center as well at some point - just for standardization I suppose.

LongHorn22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone figured out how to access the roof speakers on the Alpine system? I'm in the process of replacing all the speakers and there is very little info on those pesky little things. I assume they are 3.5"...but not sure. Looked all over the internets and couldn't find anything on them or how to get to them.
Good afternoon,

someone may have replied already but if not, here is what I just did. There are 4 snap style clamps holding the plastic grid on the headliner. I used a trim puller tool along with my fingers and worked the corners. There are 4 snaps located in the corners of the plastic trim. Additionally, the speakers above are the same size as the ones on the dask. 3 1/2. I am replacing both in headliner and 2 of the 3 in the front dash. I am using the Infinity REF-3032CFX. Found a 4pk on Amazon for $78. Hope this helps.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I personally have all my six speakers replaced with Focal high fidelity speakers, coupled with a pair of AudioMobile EVO 2410 subs in individual sealed boxes under each of the rear seats, a DB 5 farad digital capacitor, and a total of 21000W of Kenwood marine grade amps all connected to a Kenwood DMX957XR head unit...then professionally and digitally tuned to extreme audio perfection.

My system pounds to extreme levels with zero distortion, with detail and clarity of unprecedented caliber.

I also had my truck lined with high quality sound mat on all doors and everywhere it counts, too.

I'm so happy with the results and don't regret a single penny of cost!